Password

08:05 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
quote me when you are ready with the next roundup

Well hello everyone, Anthony here for another week of the Gamer Round-Up!

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

What has been your favorite release so far this winter?

THE WEEK IN GAMING

NINTENDO NEWS

- Hulu Plus is now available for streaming on the Wii.

- Nintendo last week acquired Mobiclip, a company that specializes in "highly optimized software technologies".

MICROSOFT NEWS

- According to 343 Industries, developers for the upcoming Halo 4, Master Chief's armor, and the game's HUD, is getting a makeover for the new title.

SONY NEWS

- The highly anticipated PSN title Journey will be available on March 13th for the price of $14.99.

- The long time Sony franchise Twisted Metal is set to be turned into a film.

PC NEWS

- Wish you could Minecraft in real life? Well thanks to Lego, your dreams are now a reality! The world famous Dannish toy manufacturer has announced they will be selling various Lego sets of the popular title, which are expected to go on sale this summer.

- Apple's Game Center will be included in the upcoming OS X Mountain Lion update.

iOS/ANDROID NEWS

-Tired of seeing Angry Birds everywhere? Well, it looks like that's not going to go away anytime soon as Rovio announced it's next installment in the top selling franchise, Angry Birds Space. The title naturally will be the tried and true Angry Birds the world has come to love, but in space! The title is expected to launch on March 22nd.

- As it was announced back in September, the original Max Payne will get an HD release for mobile devices. To date, there is no set release date for the port.

- Social game giant Zynga lost over $400 million dollars in 2011.

GENERAL GAME NEWS

- Good news for Boston fans of PAX East, as Penny Arcade as announced that the city will host the expo for the next decade. The event will stay in the city until 2023.

- Speaking of Penny Arcade, the popular webcomic will be teaming up with the ESRB to create a new series of advertisements to promote the ESRB's well-known rating system. This will be the second time PA has teamed up with the ESRB, doing a similar campaign back in 2006.

- It looks like COD: Black Ops 2 could in fact be a reality, according to an accidental listing of the title on Amazon France.

- If the math is right, it will cost you about $870 to own all of the DLC for the upcoming Mass Effect 3.

- The MMO title Rift now has a Guinness World Record to it's name, thanks to setting a record for most in-game marriages in a 24-hour period.

- The long awaited Assassin's Creed 3 will arrive on store shelves on October 30th.

- Capcom has revealed various new details about the upcoming Resident Evil 6. Noteworthy details include the ability to run and shoot and, to which makes this writer quite bummed, there will be no T-Virus in the game. The game also is 50% complete.

- Fear not fans of L.A Noire, as Rockstar has not ruled out the possibility of a sequel.

That's all for this week, folks! See you all next week!

This week's Round-Up has been brought to you by Joystiq and Destructoid.
01:20 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

That's all for this week, folks! See you all next week!

Thanks. Posted. Let me know if I need to change anything.
10:02 AM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

quote me when you are ready with the next one
09:38 AM on 03/03/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I made a slight error in the Duke Nukem section of the year round up, the first part should read: After being the butt of many a joke in the gaming world,
Also, the game was in development for 15 years, not 14 as I just learned.
02:10 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Anthony here with another week of the Gamer Round-Up!

TOPIC(s) OF THE WEEK

Who here is excited for the conclusion of Commander Shepard's story in Mass Effect 3? Better question, who here is giving up their social lives for awhile for this game?

Also, how would you guys feel about reviews being a part of the round-up? What other features would you like to see be included into the round-up?

THE WEEK IN GAMING

NINTENDO NEWS

- On the heels of last week's announcement of the long-awaited Assassin's Creed 3, Ubisoft has confirmed that the game will appear on the Wii U.

-Due to "questionable religious content", Team Meat's The Binding of Issac will not appear on the 3DS eShop.

MICROSOFT NEWS

-New details about the upcoming Halo 4 have been revealed.

-After a notable absence at launch, Porsche will finally appear in Forza 4 with an expansion pack being released this May. In other Forza news, the level cap will be risen up to 999 with an online update.

SONY NEWS

-The upcoming PSN exclusive MMOFPS Dust 514 has gone free-to-play.

PC NEWS

- PC juggernauts Valve is rumored to be developing a new console.

-Speaking of Valve, it's upcoming title Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has lost cross-play between PC and Mac versions.

GENERAL GAME NEWS

-In what is the biggest news from last week, details about the long-awaited Assassin's Creed 3 have been revealed.

-In other big news, the highly anticipated Bioshock: Infinite will be released on October16th.

-The ever-popular Angry Birds will be getting its own theme park attraction in Finland this summer.

-The schedule for the upcoming PAX East have been released.

-Bad news for Euro gamers looking to get Mass Effect 3 from GAME, as the retailer is unable to stock the title.

-For Adventure Time fans, a fellow fan has created a video game intro.

-A Spanish retailer has slipped out the upcoming Black Ops sequel should be released in the traditional November time frame.

-Rumors suggest that SimCity 5 will be revealed this week's Game Developers Conference. No word on a SimAnt sequel though.

GAMES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS WEEK

Mass Effect 3

Well, that's all for this week's round-up! I'll be shutting myself out the outside world for a little bit to play ME3 but I'll be back next week with another slab of news! If you're lucky, you just might see a review for it pop up with the next round-up
02:56 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old

TOPIC(s) OF THE WEEK

Who here is excited for the conclusion of Commander Shepard's story in Mass Effect 3? Better question, who here is giving up their social lives for awhile for this game?

Also, how would you guys feel about reviews being a part of the round-up? What other features would you like to see be included into the round-up?

THE WEEK IN GAMING

NINTENDO NEWS

- On the heels of last week's announcement of the long-awaited Assassin's Creed 3, Ubisoft has confirmed that the game will appear on the Wii U.

-Due to "questionable religious content", Team Meat's The Binding of Issac will not appear on the 3DS eShop.

MICROSOFT NEWS

-New details about the upcoming Halo 4 have been revealed.

-After a notable absence at launch, Porsche will finally appear in Forza 4 with an expansion pack being released this May. In other Forza news, the level cap will be risen up to 999 with an online update.

SONY NEWS

-The upcoming PSN exclusive MMOFPS Dust 514 has gone free-to-play.

PC NEWS

- PC juggernauts Valve is rumored to be developing a new console.

-Speaking of Valve, it's upcoming title Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has lost cross-play between PC and Mac versions.

GENERAL GAME NEWS

-In what is the biggest news from last week, details about the long-awaited Assassin's Creed 3 have been revealed.

-In other big news, the highly anticipated Bioshock: Infinite will be released on October16th.

-The ever-popular Angry Birds will be getting its own theme park attraction in Finland this summer.

-The schedule for the upcoming PAX East have been released.

-Bad news for Euro gamers looking to get Mass Effect 3 from GAME, as the retailer is unable to stock the title.

-For Adventure Time fans, a fellow fan has created a video game intro.

-A Spanish retailer has slipped out the upcoming Black Ops sequel should be released in the traditional November time frame.

-Rumors suggest that SimCity 5 will be revealed this week's Game Developers Conference. No word on a SimAnt sequel though.

GAMES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS WEEK

Mass Effect 3

Well, that's all for this week's round-up! I'll be shutting myself out the outside world for a little bit to play ME3 but I'll be back next week with another slab of news! If you're lucky, you just might see a review for it pop up with the next round-up
09:32 AM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

Yay!! posted
06:26 PM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
Kittredge305
No Avatar Selected
Female - 28 Years Old
It works best to have one person be the collector of everybody's submissions and format them in their AP.net blog.
07:10 PM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Huh?
01:20 PM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
haha....interesting post by that user. We have had roundup coordinators post them in their AP.net blog and then email a link to that blog when it is ready. However, it worked better to use this forum when there were multiple users volunteering for the roundup and they needed to discuss things. Since it is just you now, you can do it whatever way you want. Let me know and I can provide you with the email addresses to email a link to your blog when the roundup is ready.

Quote me whenever your next one is ready.
11:06 AM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
So you can pitch your crappy website to them?
02:13 PM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I am starting this thread as a spot for the three interested users to discuss coordinating the Games Round-up
Still interested?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version