Password

08:47 PM on 08/21/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Great. Quote me when it is ready.

I'm all set for my section. Gunn3r must be AWOL or something. Want me to throw something together before this goes live?
01:13 AM on 08/22/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I'm all set for my section. Gunn3r must be AWOL or something. Want me to throw something together before this goes live?
I was going to post it now. But I can wait if you want to do more.
10:37 AM on 08/22/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

Go ahead and post it. I'll add the news to next weeks (as the story is still developing).

I will post this on Monday after 5:00 p.m. left coast time, so submit whatever you want included before that time.
04:04 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Might be delayed by the hurricane. Monday morning at the latest.
06:59 PM on 08/28/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Might be delayed by the hurricane. Monday morning at the latest.
Not a problem for me. Quote me whenever you are ready.
07:00 PM on 08/28/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Go ahead and post it. I'll add the news to next weeks (as the story is still developing).
Do you have anything to supply this week?
12:40 PM on 08/29/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Do you have anything to supply this week?

Hey, guys, sorry for the wait - this bitch Irene totally took out my internet yesterday, maybe you've heard of her. Anyway, another major conference, PAX Prime, was this week, and there was much to be had in the console gaming world as well as outside! I'll be going by developer this week, just to try and make sure I don't misplace anything!

SANZARU GAMES

- Oh my god, the new footage for Sly Cooper 4 makes me so relieved. Now officially hyped for this game.

SQUARE ENIX

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 has a new trailer for you to see! Sounds a lot like Final Fantasy X-2. And we all know how that went.

- Final Fantasy Type-0, in other news, has been delayed to October 27th for release.

- Despite the new Deus Ex's wonderful and acclaimed performance both critically and commercially, GameStop has had to pull all PC copies of the game, and has since apologized over the affair.

- Check out a new 3DS RPG from Squeenix in the vein of Diablo, Heroes of Ruin.

GEARBOX STUDIOS

- Borderlands 2 made a huge splash at PAX. Perhaps the coolest news all weekend, the group of attendees at Gearbox's panel were forced to swear an oath of loyalty to the studio and 2K Games in exchange for a code for a physical copy of Borderlands 2 when it went gold.

- Lotta new Borderlands 2 details. All four original characters are back, a new gun system called Steamworks, and the world will be a third larger than the first game's environment.

- More GoW3 goodies? Sure!

- A new games based on the Aliens franchise, Infestation, slipped under the PAX radar this weekend, but will be released September 30th in Europe andOctober 11th in America for the DS.

NINTENDO

- LOZ: Skyward Sword's pre-order package, for only 69.99, is pretty dope. For those who were wondering, I DID miss that last week, Nintendo announced the release date for Skyward Sword - November 18 in Europe, and 20th in the States.

BIOWARE

- BioWare sub-team Mythic announced a new Warhammer game, Wrath of Heroes, for the PC. It will be free-to-play, under 1Gig to download, and looks kinda cool to me.

- Star Wars: TOR has a private beta beginning September 2nd, and will run on weekends after that. No release date has been announced.

MICROSOFT

- A new beginning is on the horizon for the Halo franchise. The Reclaimer trilogy, confirmed by 343 Industries, will begin with Halo 4 and be released sometime next holiday.

- In the meantime, Halo: CE Anniversary is being released November 15th, and the pre-order bonus has just been revealed.

MOJANG

- Ladies and Gentlemen, Scrolls, the new game from the team behind Minecraft. The game, according to its trailer is 'coming eventually.'

sources: cinemablend, playstationlifestyle, CBSnews, gotgame, PSU, gamepur, gamingunion,games.on.net, mmonews, gamespy/joystiq, TFTS, gamerlive, G4TV

There you have it! If I missed anything, feel free to let me know or leave a reply with a link to an article about it and I'll add it to the original post. That's for your patience <3<3
09:49 PM on 08/29/11 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male
Probably add the news from Halofest about the title update? It's going to change the game back closer to Halo CE but with armor abilities.
09:33 AM on 08/30/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Hey, guys, sorry for the wait - this bitch Irene totally took out my internet yesterday, maybe you've heard of her. Anyway, another major conference, PAX Prime, was this week, and there was much to be had in the console gaming world as well as outside!
There you have it! If I missed anything, feel free to let me know or leave a reply with a link to an article about it and I'll add it to the original post. That's for your patience <3<3

Sorry about the delay. It is posted now. Did you see the comment from trindaddy in this thread? Let me know how you want me to edit your roundup.
09:41 AM on 08/30/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Probably add the news from Halofest about the title update? It's going to change the game back closer to Halo CE but with armor abilities.

Leave me a link with the news and I'll add it to the post!
12:12 PM on 08/30/11 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/...99.aspx#176499 (B.s. Angel is the person who does the weekly updates and was on the panel of Hlaofest and such)

or

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190886p1.html
09:37 AM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
trindaddy left a link so you can add his news to this week's submission

Deborah is going to help post your roundup this weekend. She knows to look in this thread, but you might also email her to let her know when it is ready. Her email is: deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net
05:46 AM on 09/03/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
trindaddy left a link so you can add his news to this week's submission

Deborah is going to help post your roundup this weekend. She knows to look in this thread, but you might also email her to let her know when it is ready. Her email is: deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net

Hey~ My internet is very limited right now, so I probably won't have this done until about Sunday night. Spent the whole week moving into a new place and we're still not done!
01:25 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
I thoroughly apologize for the wait on this - I moved into a new apartment and am currently sharing an ethernet cable. The next edition WILL be on time, as we're buying a router at the end of the week. Wanna help? Send Linda Ferreira a PM and she'll give you the rundown on how you can help make my life MUCH easier. K LOVE YOU BYE <3

Welcome back to another busy busy week in the gaming industry. First there was GamesCom, then PAX Prime, and now Call of Duty XP is overflowing the world with more news on the franchise than ever before. There's more to come down below, but for now, let's take a look at some of the highlights of this week.

CALL OF DUTY XP

- Modern Warfare 3 had a huge presence at the expo, naturally, with a first look at the online multiplayer, new perks and weapons to go with it and a new, revamped Killstreak system. New game modes also were highlighted. I like the idea of 'Kill Confirmed' mode.

- MW3's 'Hardened Edition' leaked recently, and preorder bonuses to go with it will round about the total price to $99.99.

- Call of Duty: Elite, a new service, will help bring a more social connection with Facebook compatibility and clan support. 'Premium' users of CoDE will get new weapons, content, and DLC before everyone else, but will cost $49.99 to have.

- Activision showed a side of generosity, and revealed that they funded a sequel to the fan-made, zero-profit film Find Marakov to be filmed and premiered it tat the conference.

MISC.

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution will receive its first DLC, 'The Missing Link', inOctober.

- Speaking of Deus Ex, RACIST MUCH? A journalist from Time Magazine thinks so.

- Epic Mickey 2 may already be in development. Was that game even good?

- Atlus released a ton of new information pertaining to the Persona series. P4 rerelease, P4 Fighter AND P5? YES PLEASE.

- Duke Nukem might be getting a new game sooner than we think.

- A ban in Germany that was enacted in 1993 to prevent older teenagers from buying the game Doom has been lifted.

- Square Enix is confirmed to release the new title in its Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest X, for the Wii and Wii U.

- Ever wonder why Minecraft isn't on Steam? The Word of Notch has spoken.

- Xbox LIVE Rewards will now be available in Australia and New Zealand.

Sources: destructoid (much love for aking CODXP to handle!), joystiq, bit-tech, reddit, kotaku, BBC Tech VG 24/7
11:53 PM on 09/05/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

quote me when you are done

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives