All set and ready!
09:02 AM on 09/06/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Posted. Let me know if you want me to change anything. Did you include the link a couple of posts ago from the user last week?
09:56 AM on 09/06/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
I ended up just adding them to the original thread from last week.
10:18 PM on 09/10/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I ended up just adding them to the original thread from last week.
quote me when you are ready with this week's submission
09:07 AM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
We're back on track this week, and there's not a lot of major news to cover. I'm sorry about the lack of content, but I'm still looking for help, so if you wanna gimme a hand with the round-up, send Linda Ferreira a PM and we can work it out. <3 On with the news!

TOP STORIES

- A tragedy for the gaming world - the original forerunner of video game journalism, Bill Kunkel, died earlier today at 61.

- Mojang, the developer of the hit indie darling Minecraft, has leakedversion 1.8 of the game.

- League of Legends is thinning the herd of players, as its Mac support will be ended in two days.

- Blizzard has announced that it is "very close" to an open beta for its most recent project, the highly anticipated Diablo III.

- Max Payne 3 has finally been lifted from development hell, and will be released in March 2012 for the PS3 and 360.

- Microsoft has been cracking down on Xbox Live, banning users for alleged theft from the Marketplace.

- That price cut for the 3DS? It's done wonders for their sales.

- Team Ninja will have something up their sleeve For the upcoming Tokyo Game Show in Japan.

- The 3DS might get a second analong stick. Improvement?

Sources: computerandvideogames, joystiq, vg247, wired gaming, eurogamer, CNet, DVICE
02:56 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
quote me when you are ready with this week's submission

All set.
03:01 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member

posting now
06:36 AM on 09/12/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Probably add the news from Halofest about the title update? It's going to change the game back closer to Halo CE but with armor abilities.

I saw that you mentioned that you kept up with Xbox and Nintendo news. If you want to work on those two sections it would help a lot. Post what you find during the week in this thread and we can add it in when the post goes live on Sunday. Make one post and edit it during the week as you find information that you want to include in the roundup. You can do all of the bolding and linking in your post and we can then just copy and paste it when the roundup is created.
09:23 AM on 09/18/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Quote me when you are ready for this week. I have not heard from anybody else willing to help you.
08:46 AM on 09/19/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
More big announcements AND Tokyo Game Show? Goddamned kids and their big fancy screens and their tiny phones. Anyway, trying something new this week that will hopefully spark discussion.

TOPIC OF THE WEEK: PS VITA VS. 3DS

- Sony's new handheld console, Vita, is arriving soon, and anticipation built with huge announcements at the Tokyo Game Show this week. With a whole bunch of big-named developers like Square Enix, Naughty Dog, and Koei onboard to release titles, it seems that the Vita proves to have a strong launch and holiday season. But that might come with a snag or two.

The recent release of the 3DS, along with the huge uproar and price cut, has led to the conclusion that people don't want to drop bank on handheld consoles anymore, especially in a world full of iPhones and Androids. And even when they do get it, how much will games cost along side it? That's $299 for the console, and $40 more for a game, keep in mind. Don't forget memory cards!Shit's wicked steep.

- Nintendo had a huge press conference of its own pertaining to its new handheld. 3DS owners now have access to the 3DS eShop, with over 1,200 titles expected by the end of this week. Also, franchises such as Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus are getting new titles, along with an add-on that gives the game a second analog stick. Check out a full rundown here.

With the best yet to come for the 3DS, and the Vita coming soon, who won this time - Sony or Nintendo? Will you pick up a Vita? Will its flash and lineup be enough for you to buy it? Let the debate begin!

NEWS

- Check out a run down of this year's Tokyo Game show here.

- Sony's Japanese release of the Playstation Vita will be on December 17th, with 26 launch titles to go with it.

- Make a successful video game? Get a tax break.

- Max Payne 3's first trailer is up. Take a look and, if you're me, get excited. The game's expected to drop March 2012.

- Dragon Age II's new DLC will star...Felicia Day. Umm.... alright! Cool? I guess?

- Nintendo continues to talk big about Skyward Sword, saying that its gameplay will make it last up to 100 hours.

- PC gamers should check this out - a Game Boy-inspired Super Smash Bros. 'demake,' free for download.

sources: eurogamer, recombu, gamasutra, NYTimes, 1UP, nintendolife, rockstargames, joystiq, kotaku, reddit, computerandvideogames
08:48 AM on 09/19/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Quote me when you are ready for this week. I have not heard from anybody else willing to help you.

All set. Sorry for the wait!
09:13 AM on 09/19/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
All set. Sorry for the wait!
posted
thanks
let me know if I need to make and edits
01:21 PM on 09/19/11 
User Info.
crowdediceb0x
Portsmouth, NH
Male - 28 Years Old
Hey All-

I'd love to get in on this if you guys need some more help.

PM me or (preferably) send me an email at crowdedicebox@gmail.com

Thanks guys!

Joe
01:35 PM on 09/19/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey All-

Thanks guys!

Joe

Bless you, child. BLESS YOU.
08:28 AM on 09/25/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Hey All-

Thanks guys!

Joe

Bless you, child. BLESS YOU.

quote me when you are ready

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT