More big announcements AND Tokyo Game Show? Goddamned kids and their big fancy screens and their tiny phones. Anyway, trying something new this week that will hopefully spark discussion.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK: PS VITA VS. 3DS
- Sony's new handheld console, Vita, is arriving soon, and anticipation built with huge announcements at the Tokyo Game Show this week. With a whole bunch of big-named developers like Square Enix, Naughty Dog, and Koei onboard to release titles, it seems that the Vita proves to have a strong launch
and holiday season. But that might come with a snag or two.
The recent release of the 3DS, along with the huge uproar and price cut, has led to the conclusion that people don't want to drop bank
on handheld consoles anymore, especially in a world full of iPhones and Androids. And even when they do get it, how much will games cost along side it? That's $299 for the console, and $40 more for a game, keep in mind. Don't forget memory cards!
Shit's wicked steep.
- Nintendo had a huge press conference of its own pertaining to its new handheld. 3DS owners now have access to the 3DS eShop
, with over 1,200 titles expected by the end of this week. Also, franchises such as Fire Emblem
, Kid Icarus
are getting new titles, along with an add-on that gives the game a second analog stick. Check out a full rundown here.
With the best yet to come for the 3DS, and the Vita coming soon, who won this time - Sony or Nintendo? Will you pick up a Vita? Will its flash and lineup be enough for you to buy it?
Let the debate begin!
- Check out a run down of this year's Tokyo Game show here.
- Sony's Japanese release of the Playstation Vita will be on December 17th,
with 26 launch titles to go with it.
- Make a successful video game? Get a tax break.
- Max Payne 3
's first trailer is up. Take a look
and, if you're me, get excited. The game's expected to drop March 2012.
- Dragon Age II
's new DLC will star...Felicia Day.
Umm.... alright! Cool? I guess?
- Nintendo continues to talk big about Skyward Sword
, saying that its gameplay will make it last up to 100 hours.
- PC gamers should check this out - a Game Boy-inspired
Super Smash Bros. 'demake,' free for download.
sources: eurogamer, recombu, gamasutra, NYTimes, 1UP, nintendolife, rockstargames, joystiq, kotaku, reddit, computerandvideogames