Same AP games round up, same AP channel. :D In honor of the new release of We Are The In Crowd's new album, Best Intentions
, I'm starting a new section called 'Rumor Mill,' which deals solely in murmurs of the mayhaps and possibilities in the gaming world.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK
- Earlier this week, Valve released the first DLC under the co-op section for it's smash game Portal 2
, entitled 'Peer Review', for free.
Those familiar with the franchise can beat the new section of the game in about a few hours
, making the content worth its non-existent price.
Downloadable content has always been a slippery slope - most recently, the LA Noire: Complete Edition released for the PC has come under criticism. For 50$, one can buy the PC edition and buy all five DLC cases - totaling about an hour each - whilst PS3 and 360 owners buying the game new this spring only have, depending on where the game was bought, one new DLC pack and have had to buy the other four with a 'Rockstar Pass' for nearly thirty dollars more.
How does the promise of more content sway your interest in purchasing a game? How do you think it should be price?
THIS WEEK IN GAMING
- After five years, one highly successful game, and a bedlam of controversy, Team Bondi
is shutting down for good.
- A follow up the recent Bethesda/Mojang lawsuit: Bethesda has made a public statement
about both Notch's handling of the suit, and the recent refusal of Mojang's withdrawal of the trademark for the name of their new game, Scrolls
. SERIOUSLY, guys?
- Indie smash game VVVVVV is coming to the 3DS
, courtesy of the company that dd the same for N
- Sony has announced a a bunch of new goodies for Gran Turismo 5,
including a price drop and free updates.
- Gears of War 3
has announced its first DLC pack - new characters, weapons, maps, all for 800 MS points
- Game Informer's November cover reveals a follow up to the recent game, Transformers: War for Cybertron
, which will be covered fully
once the issue drops October 11th.
- Batman: Arkham City
has been met to a few early reviews, with two
calling it 'one of the best games ever made.'
- In addition to being seen in a new trailer for a movie, the XBox 720 looks more and more likely, with a bunch of new games
being released into the Alan Wake, Fable, and other franchises in 2013.
- There are reports that most games for the upcoming PS Vita, such as the new Uncharted, are too big
to fit the standard side data stick of 1.8 GB, and would have to shell out more money just to fit it. Uh oh.
- Ni No Kuni
, the PS3 game being developed by Studio Ghibli [Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle] that drops in NA next year,, might have its localized title
- In the Assassin's Creed
universe, it looks like after Revelations and a final game in 2012
, Ubi is releasing a new, yearly game to bring a possibly new character.
Sources: computer and video games, edge, ars technica, joystiq, playstation blog, eurogamer, kotaku