Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
12:24 AM on 08/04/11
Kickstart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I somewhat agree. Not too many people have heard National Products first album, GOING NOWHERE FAST. The did it back in the 90's when they were in high school. An amazing kick ass record that is melodic punk that you cant help but love each song. "Parole Officer" is one of my favs! Their album LUNA was them evolving and the songs are amazing. If you listen to the vocals and lyrics combined with all the other band members, you will be amazed how technical but natural it is. My fav off that album is MEDICATED. Two different sounds and over 10 years apart.

Now, Dan with PennyWise; Can he rock it? If you have never seen NP live...........you missed out!!

Dan on stage is like Mick Jagger, Henry Rollins and Jimmy Hendricks rolled into one.

The question already stated is can PW offer Dan a longer leash? I think yes. Danny brings to the table to original voice of PW WITH the opportunity (if they want) to experiment (PW) with a new direction or the same direction with a different muse.

I'll end with this. Maynard is impressive because he will tell you that what he did on one album will be different from the next. He matures, he grows, his views change. That's what makes TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE so interesting to listen to.

Pennywise is a great band comprised of awesome musicians. Dan is a great performer, writer, artist, singer, visionary. I can't help to see great things if everyone comes to the table with a fire in their belly.
12:25 AM on 08/04/11
Kickstart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh, and Zoli from all media feeds was billed as a temp singer.
12:25 AM on 08/04/11
Kickstart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh, and Zoli from all media feeds was billed as a temp singer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos