EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
Well done Danny!
12:47 AM on 08/02/11
JOANNIE FLORIDA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hell Yes . They Got The Best Man ..........................
04:27 AM on 08/02/11
NationalProduct
User Info.
is national product still a band?

technically yes and no. NP will never tour again however there is unreleased music and these dudes are some of my best friends so we will always make music together. Even before this PW happened we started writing for the next record, but it will only be something so that people get a 2nd record, not a toured on record.

mucho gracias!
04:50 AM on 08/02/11
Enoma Otenki
facebook.com/otenkirocks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's fucking crazy. congratulations man. well deserved.
05:07 AM on 08/02/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
well, that's random but congrats
05:32 AM on 08/02/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
I was in high school when I first heard Sean song NP was the shit indeed, yeah cool story I know.

Congrats man.
06:41 AM on 08/02/11
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Oh and look out Alesana.

I couldn't resist...
07:48 AM on 08/02/11
Trickster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There have been some rumours around in the Internet.
As it seems, but I may be wrong, Danny only performed one song per night so far on the european tour.
Zoli still is the main singer.
Sorry for not knowing National Product - i think they are not that well-known in Europe (but there again I may be wrong), but I saw PW 2 times this year, and I have to say that Zoli delivers, as it took the band to a more hardcore level (where they already were in their earlier career). This being said, and not having seen Danny on stage so far, I may only assume that he could not deliver on that same level...but hey, don't hesitate to prove me wrong. Maybe on german date tomorrow? (Trier)
08:46 AM on 08/02/11
Trickster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And there we have it:

Randy Bradbury
Zoli has sang every show of this tour, and every show for the past two years. When booking this tour, we ran into some scheduling issues, Zoli had already booked some shows with Ignite. Rather than anyone canceling, we decided to have our friend Danny fill in for the last three shows of the tour... Zoli's been gracious enough to invite Danny up to sing 1 song in the set at the past 4 shows. That's it. That's where things stand right now...

10:25 AM on 08/02/11
ADAY86
User Info.
Wait. When did the dude from Ignite leave?
10:26 AM on 08/02/11
ADAY86
User Info.
Nevermind. Just got my answer.
12:21 PM on 08/02/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
technically yes and no. NP will never tour again however there is unreleased music and these dudes are some of my best friends so we will always make music together. Even before this PW happened we started writing for the next record, but it will only be something so that people get a 2nd record, not a toured on record.

mucho gracias!
thats totally fine, i just wana hear a new album goodluck dude
02:39 PM on 08/02/11
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't like it. This doesn't seem like Pennywise with a new singer. Kinda seems just like a cover band.
08:14 AM on 08/03/11
papaVOXbear
thebeesneez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love danny and wish him all the best but I think his talents are wasted in this situation. He has one of the best natural pop voices in the biz. I'm not so sure pennywise can showcase this dudes range and control
12:24 AM on 08/04/11
Kickstart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I somewhat agree. Not too many people have heard National Products first album, GOING NOWHERE FAST. The did it back in the 90's when they were in high school. An amazing kick ass record that is melodic punk that you cant help but love each song. "Parole Officer" is one of my favs! Their album LUNA was them evolving and the songs are amazing. If you listen to the vocals and lyrics combined with all the other band members, you will be amazed how technical but natural it is. My fav off that album is MEDICATED. Two different sounds and over 10 years apart.

Now, Dan with PennyWise; Can he rock it? If you have never seen NP live...........you missed out!!

Dan on stage is like Mick Jagger, Henry Rollins and Jimmy Hendricks rolled into one.

The question already stated is can PW offer Dan a longer leash? I think yes. Danny brings to the table to original voice of PW WITH the opportunity (if they want) to experiment (PW) with a new direction or the same direction with a different muse.

I'll end with this. Maynard is impressive because he will tell you that what he did on one album will be different from the next. He matures, he grows, his views change. That's what makes TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE so interesting to listen to.

Pennywise is a great band comprised of awesome musicians. Dan is a great performer, writer, artist, singer, visionary. I can't help to see great things if everyone comes to the table with a fire in their belly.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums