Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 134
10:01 AM on 05/22/07
xGangstax
I want to see movies of my dreams
User Info.
I honestly am enjoying the bonus tracks more than most of the tracks actually on the album. Pain is great, and while i don't know if Dark Days and Devil Beside You are bonus tracks or just extras for their singles, they're pretty damn catchy.
Yeah, I agree. Check out slit your own throat (its in the b-side thread) it's better than at least half the tracks on the album...
10:03 AM on 05/22/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i listened to as many songs as I could on their myspace a week ago or so. And geez louise was this bad.
10:21 AM on 05/22/07
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
this album is a joke.
10:33 AM on 05/22/07
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
i have to disagree with the statement: "The band loses its momentum with “Hospital,” a track that quickly goes downhill from the very beginning." hospital is one of the better tracks on the album.
10:35 AM on 05/22/07
CodyWeber
User Info.
They just keep getting worse.
10:37 AM on 05/22/07
EmoCanHeal
Nie.
User Info.
I'm listening to it right now, and I like it. xD;;
10:38 AM on 05/22/07
ACA
Next Show: No Devotion @ NYC 10/28
User Info.
you are an ignorant dumbass

or not
10:43 AM on 05/22/07
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
User Info.
Because his opinion differs from yours? Don't be an idiot.
10:48 AM on 05/22/07
kevowhat1!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So far I've only really listened to about 6 tracks off of this and it was alright. Nothing to spectacular so far but it's decent. I am still gonna pick it up and I'm gonna try and dive into it more. I think this album might be a grower. But I think the Used need to pick up a new producer or work on the production more or something because I'm tired of these songs just being bogged down by layers and layers of stuff that doesn't need to be there. I think they would shine more as a raw, live sounding band but that's just me.
10:51 AM on 05/22/07
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
I wish they would've gone back to their original sound (which utilizes the good parts about the band, especially Bert's excellent screaming), but this isn't too bad. It seems like you can make a new group/genre of rock bands that cannot be taken seriously, which includes FOB, P!ATD, MCR, The Used, etc. Unfortunately, I still listen to and mostly enjoy these bands.
11:02 AM on 05/22/07
1Roth4
.and the family telephone
User Info.
I gave this album equal opportunity as I do most albums, at least 3 full listens. The music to the album is amazing. The lyrics and vocals are absolutely disgraceful. This would be one of my favorites if the lyrics and vocals were better. Instead of kicking Brendon out of the man, they should have looked for a new front man.

This is my opinion.
11:13 AM on 05/22/07
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Not to be a dick, but... technically, it is. If he hates it, he won't buy it. That's one less album sale, correct? One man won't do much. But it's very obvious that there is an overwhelming majority of people like him who do not like this album and won't purchase it today. Low album sales = low to no profit on the band = droppage.

AP.net's opinion does not equal the majority opinion.

Many people here unfairly hate their second CD, but it sold fine.

Of course many people on a forum like this don't like it: it's different. And I'm sure you'll try and defend that, but how many people go "DUR THIS ISN'T THE SAME AS THEY USED TO BE. I WAS HOPING IT'D BE MORE LIKE THEIR FIRST CD." Quite a few.

It's different, but it's still a very good CD and definitely better than the last one.

You are a fucking moron.
11:17 AM on 05/22/07
sweetforever
User Info.
Nice review Drew, but I'm gonna pass on this album.
11:29 AM on 05/22/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
That's not nice, it's just his opinion.
11:32 AM on 05/22/07
wellhello
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In Love And Death is much better than their 2002 debut.

-ACA

what's wrong with you?

Drew, i'm slightly confused, your final verdict says you enjoyed the CD yet the overall rating was a 67%.
:/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version