fueledbyashley
fueledbyashley
User Info.
i love it
11:57 AM on 05/22/07
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
i'm one of those people that had a tough time choosing which of the first two albums i like more (with the debut coming out on top by a bit). with that in mind, i am amazed at this album. it is very energetic and catchy. there are no misses (except for maybe "smother me"), including the bonus tracks.
12:05 PM on 05/22/07
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
Yeah, I agree. Check out slit your own throat (its in the b-side thread) it's better than at least half the tracks on the album...

since there doesn't seem to be a b-side thread anymore, can you pm me that song? or tell me where i can get it? same with "pain" if you know
12:13 PM on 05/22/07
azrielen
Tazdingo!
User Info.
since there doesn't seem to be a b-side thread anymore, can you pm me that song? or tell me where i can get it? same with "pain" if you know

The Used's Livejournal Community (which you don't need to have an LJ to see, it's public) has the b-sides up in various posts.
12:14 PM on 05/22/07
make_this_hurt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
worst album of the year.
12:15 PM on 05/22/07
HiddenInNJ
User Info.
i agree with drew's review completely... it definitely shows signs of Love and Death but also shows glimmers of the self titled. I love the schizophrenic tracks and paralyzed is a wierd dance kind of track. definitely better than Love and Death but nothing beats their debut.

I honestly am enjoying the bonus tracks more than most of the tracks actually on the album. Pain is great, and while i don't know if Dark Days and Devil Beside You are bonus tracks or just extras for their singles, they're pretty damn catchy.

I think these two songs are not The Used... very poppy and i would never guess it was them if it werent for Bert's nasal tones. These two songs are not good and I would have been happy if the Best Buy copies didn't have these two songs.
12:21 PM on 05/22/07
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
User Info.
worst album of the year.
There are still a couple of days left in the year. Let's hold off on that one.
12:30 PM on 05/22/07
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
The Used's Livejournal Community (which you don't need to have an LJ to see, it's public) has the b-sides up in various posts.

thanks a bunch, but i only found tunnel on there... so now i have "dark days", "devil beside you", "slit your own throat", and "tunnel". anyone have "pain" and/or "my pesticide"?
12:30 PM on 05/22/07
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
the used are an easy target for people to hate on , This album isn't as bad as what people are saying , I did expect better , but it's decent , Hopefully the EP will kick ass.
12:41 PM on 05/22/07
jhennis
John Wallin'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty funny that some tool with no credibility can just review an album and have an effect on numerous people's buying habits.
12:50 PM on 05/22/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
what's wrong with you?

Drew, i'm slightly confused, your final verdict says you enjoyed the CD yet the overall rating was a 67%.
:/
Yeah I like it, but I'm also realistic about it.
12:51 PM on 05/22/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
horrible record.... and review

pretty funny that some tool with no credibility can just review an album and have an effect on numerous people's buying habits.

aw thanks guys
12:54 PM on 05/22/07
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
i have to disagree with the statement: "The band loses its momentum with “Hospital,” a track that quickly goes downhill from the very beginning." hospital is one of the better tracks on the album.

I agree.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version