AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

06:22 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
The increased inter league play wouldn't be a problem if the National League would quit being pussies and sticking to 1823 rules. Get the DH already for fuck's sake.

Word.
06:26 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Why are people in favor of adding DH to the NL? I don't mind the two leagues being somewhat unique. Shit is fine the way it is, at least in my opinion.

Pitchers hitting is beyond antiquated. It makes baseball less enjoyable, IMO.
06:28 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet

I see the caps rule is still in effect.

How's it going, Drew?
06:31 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet

Sweet, sweet avatar.
06:34 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
I'm doing all right, just experienced the most fantastic and disappointing baseball season in my lifetime, there were a lot of ups and downs haha. hope you stick around

Awesome; figured it was time for a comeback.
10:35 PM on 11/17/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
The Yankees' trip to Wrigley was my least favorite part of the season (hyperbole) because Flaherty would not stop fapping to the DH. He was talking about strategy and how much it added. Literally one pitch later, the Cubs' pitcher struck out looking on a fastball down the middle. Ken Singleton goes "There's your strategy, John." I <3 you, Kenny.
02:03 PM on 11/19/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
A good deal for Barmes would be 2 years, 5.5M total.
02:17 PM on 11/19/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Under the new CBA, if a team has a Type A reliever that they let walk, they gain comp picks. They can then go sign a comparable reliever and not be subject to forfeiting a draft pick of their own. That'd be a pretty sweet deal for some teams.

Randy Levine is pumped.
03:17 PM on 11/19/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Is 5.5 really that much? He seems to be pretty similar to Scutaro.

Scutaro's not great, but he's got a 19 point advantage in career wOBA and 20 points in wRC+. Scutaro probably shouldn't be getting 5-6 mil AAV either, but I'd bet on him repeating his 2011 before betting on Barmes.
06:36 PM on 11/19/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Drew, they play in the NLC. My softball team has an outside shot at that division title.
06:59 AM on 11/20/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
haha true. I'm just nervous at how the offense will perform without Prince and how not having him in the four hole will affect Braun. The one upside I have though for 2012 is that I think Greinke will be a lot better than he was in 2011.

Everything indicates that he'll be fine. His strand rates have been crazy low for the last two years, which I assume is a product of pitching in front of crappy defenses. The HR/FB% for this past season definitely seems like an aberration, too.
07:01 AM on 11/20/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Well that decision came after the signing. Nothing he can really do about it. (Still an idiot).

Also, am I the only one not surprised that Barmes got $5.5 million after last season? Especially for people so obsessed with sabermetrics. He is worth $2 more million than Carroll, probably not, but he did have a 3.1 WAR. I mean Rollins was only 3.8.

He got 3.1 fWAR because of defense and a nice position adjustment. If defense weren't weighted equally in the WAR equation, which we could make an argument for, Barmes would probably never sniff a 3.1 fWAR.
07:37 AM on 11/20/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Yeah, the position is thin/top heavy.
05:53 PM on 11/20/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Wigginton won't help the cause, but Thome will definitely help boost the team OBP. His lowest BB% in a full single season is 14.2%.
05:58 PM on 11/20/11 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
But it's the NL and he's pinch-hitting lol.

Wiggington still seems like a waste. Can bring up Bozied or Overbeck to do the same shit.

Also, won't be surprised to see Damon or DeJesus as the possible LH outfielder here.

They won't be starting Thome at first against RHP until Howard gets back?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos