Password
This Thread is Closed.

09:58 AM on 08/09/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
New thread! Yay! Just in time for the Bucs to snap the skid!
11:20 AM on 08/09/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
So thankful to at least see them win last night, the game went in their favor basically all night. I agree with you for the most part, I just hope they get the motivation they need to at least keep doing average.. but their schedule doesn't look too promising, haha. I have faith in that team after this season but I'm feeling like you are.

At this point, we just need to be excited the Pirates were relevant at least for a little while. It showed that we have some young up and coming talent, but we definitely need to pick up a couple back-end rotation starting pitchers, as well as stock up the pen. Not to mention, some more big right-handed bats. At least Ludwick has been contributing, and finally Garrett Jones is looking like his former-2009 self. Neil Walker is solid, but has been struggling with runners in scoring position, and McCutchen needs to get out of his slump (he had two hits last night though). Tabata should re-join the team within a couple weeks, and Alex Presley is getting healthy. Ross Ohlendorf is doing well in rehab as well.

This season may be over potentially, but we have some bright spots.
11:44 AM on 08/09/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Couldn't agree more! Ludwick has been really interesting to watch lately, as well with Jones. Walker is probably my favorite player on the team, just because he's consistently something to talk about, whether it be good or bad. He's not extremely bad, but he's not fantastic. McCutchen did great last night I thought, made me happy to see. We definitely have a great amount of young players with a lot of potential. That's what makes me like the Pirates so much.

but you're right. We need to pick up the pitchers for sure, I feel like that's what's been killing us ultimately

The problem with our pitchers right now is that they're pitching more innings now than they ever have in their careers. That's why we need another starter in the staff that can pick up the slack, and give the others in the rotation a breather. That's why we're missing Ohlendorf a lot right now, and praying that Brad Lincoln can live up to the hype he first had when we drafted him in the first round in 2006.

Our pitchers don't strike a lot of hitters out (maybe with the exception of James McDonald). We rely too heavily on a young defense that's prone to error, especially considering that we made more errors (127) than any other team last year.
12:06 PM on 08/09/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I honestly think that IF Worley continues to pitch as well as he has been so far, then he deserves ROTY, but at this particular moment, Freeman is the top candidate.
12:58 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't know what I was more impressed with, Aubrey Huff's Home Run or Opposite Field Double. If he had a better opposite field approach he wouldn't bounce it to the second baseman twice a game (which feels like it happens all the time.)

45 minutes until gametime amigo! Go Bucs!
01:23 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
ooooh I'm so scared of Jeff Karstens and his 4.92 K/9 Rate

Hahaha, you better be scared, ese! Bucs are 18-14 against LHP's. It might a tough day for Sanchez. We'll see. I'm sure the G-men will come out on top. Just hoping Kartsens doesn't look as shoddy as his last start (9 earned over 4 IP vs. the Pads)
01:32 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Jonathan Sanchez had a strange game last game, he had given up considerably more hits than walks which honestly doesn't happen to him a lot (low Opp Avg, high walk rate). If his fastball looks decent this game he might be more apt to do something with it. I think there's gonna be more scoring in this game than the other two games.

That'd be weird. Both our team's offenses are terrible.
02:29 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Cutch needs to do this more often.
02:32 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
july 6th was the last time the giants hit a homer not of the solo variety

Kartsens has allowed more solo shots than any other pitcher...probably.
02:33 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Hahahaha
02:57 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I love that Justin Upton put up links to his own hitting highlights on twitter.

Hmmm...what a humble fellow!
03:07 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Where was this all season Garret Jones??!
04:13 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Pirates up 8-2. Matt Diaz is 2 for 4, 3 RBI; Cutch is 1 for 1 with 4 RS, HR, and 3 RBI.
04:43 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Pirates win 9-2! Sweet!
04:47 PM on 08/10/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Heard Cutch crushed his HR

According to Langolsch, he crushed it to left-center, 25 rows deep over the 382 sign.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos