Password
This Thread is Closed.

09:56 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
Just read some article where they said the Redskins should wait for Matt Barkley. Um, what? If you can get RGIII you get him.
That's a valid argument. You could bring in a lot of young talent with the picks they'll have to give up for RGIII. The only flaw in the case is that the Redskins probably won't be bad enough to get the #1 pick. (All assuming that Barkley has a good enough year to still be considered #1)
10:03 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Recovery Room
\
Neverland
Male
That's a valid argument. You could bring in a lot of young talent with the picks they'll have to give up for RGIII. The only flaw in the case is that the Redskins probably won't be bad enough to get the #1 pick. (All assuming that Barkley has a good enough year to still be considered #1)
That's true too.

But this team hasn't had a franchise QB in how long? The fan base needs something to get them excited again. There needs to be a sense of hope, promise and future. If they don't take RGIII now, then what for this season? No way they can do Grossman/Beck again.

RGIII has the "it" factor and can be the face of this franchise -- exactly what Snyder and the fans need. I also think he's more of a lock at being something special and the answer than Barkley.

I think you have to do what it takes to get him, sign a free agent WR and use your other picks to fill other needs.
10:27 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
That's true too.

But this team hasn't had a franchise QB in how long? The fan base needs something to get them excited again. There needs to be a sense of hope, promise and future. If they don't take RGIII now, then what for this season? No way they can do Grossman/Beck again.

RGIII has the "it" factor and can be the face of this franchise -- exactly what Snyder and the fans need. I also think he's more of a lock at being something special and the answer than Barkley.

I think you have to do what it takes to get him, sign a free agent WR and use your other picks to fill other needs.
Even if they don't trade up, there's talk that they could select Tannehill at #6 (lol) and probably sign a veteran at QB while they develop him. Regardless, the QB crop next year has the potential to be much stronger overall than this year's group. Sure, Luck and RGIII are really good, but that's really it. Next year has the potential for Barkley, Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, and Aaron Murray all within the top of the draft. Plus, you have Tyler Bray, Casey Pachall, and Logan Thomas with the potential to declare as well. To your point, the Redskins are certainly a team that could invest a lot in free agency to complement the loss of picks for RGIII, and I'd certainly consider them the frontrunners to do so.
10:28 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
That's true too.

this same exact statement could be said for Miami as well lol
11:52 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
And if you did have a franchise QB, even if he's 1 or 2 years into his career, it could possibly entice FA players and coaches (much like Fischer and McDanials came to St. Louis because of Bradford) to sign. And then build around him.
01:19 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
No Avatar Selected
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
Here is a good write-up talking about shit hitting the fan in New Orleans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...gut-the-saints
01:34 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
I wonder what Drew and his agent are looking for per year..

25 million?
01:35 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
And if you did have a franchise QB, even if he's 1 or 2 years into his career, it could possibly entice FA players and coaches (much like Fischer and McDanials came to St. Louis because of Bradford) to sign. And then build around him.
This is partly why I'd love the Browns to get RGIII. We'll need some good coaches after Shurmur is inevitably fired.
01:36 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Can players decline the franchise tag?
01:37 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
no I dont think so
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
This is partly why I'd love the Browns to get RGIII. We'll need some good coaches after Shurmur is inevitably fired.

I agree. Cleveland deserves to be good again.
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
Can players decline the franchise tag?

you can not sign it and hold out. but if you hold out past week 10 you lose a year of service.
01:40 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
you can not sign it and hold out. but if you hold out past week 10 you lose a year of service.

can you just not sign it in the first place?

I assume we're talking about the franchise offer sheet...
01:40 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Is that what Jackson and Mankins did a few years ago?
01:48 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Max Stern
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
AdamSchefter: Browns do not plan to use their franchise tag on running back Peyton Hillis. He is expected to be an unrestricted free agent.
welcome back to Denver you smelly overhyped turd

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version