Username
Password

07:16 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
America faces exceptional challenges. Mitt Romney is an exceptional man with unique qualifications to lead our country through perilous times, restoring our strength at home and abroad.

Mitt was born in Detroit on March 12, 1947. His mother, Lenore, gave up an acting career when she met and married his father, George. Mitt’s father came from humble origins and never graduated from college. He apprenticed as a lath and plaster carpenter and sold aluminum paint before beginning a career that brought him to the head of American Motors and then the governorship of Michigan.
07:56 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
Male - 26 Years Old
You know it's going to be a fun election when the most electable Republican is a class A douchebag like Romney. I don't even think he could win his home state or former governed state.
07:59 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I think he's going to have a hard time once he starts getting attacked about health care.
08:48 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Way to go, Mitt! You placed seventh in the Ames straw poll, right after someone who wasn't even on the ballot.

I know this straw poll is ultimately meaningless, though it pulls some weight for campaign financial backers, but the narrative has been that Pawlenty had to perform well here to remain credible. He placed third, while the top tier candidate that is Romney placed 7th. Granted he has been focusing on New Hampshire, how does he remain more credible with donaters and financiers and yet Pawlenty is the one in trouble? I don't get that.

And I still think he will crash and fail in the primary. He'll win New Hampshire. Bachmann has Iowa. Does it come down to South Carolina? Who will still be in it by then? My guess: Cain and Paul will be those two candidates that continue to run even though they are effectively doomed. Pawlenty's out before Florida. Gingrich is out by South Carolina. Santorum is just out, regardless of well he did today. Bachmann and Perry are the two who are really competing and Romney takes on the Edwards-esque role in the GOP primaries.
08:56 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
"@robertcostaNRO: Scoop: Romney called Bachmann personally tonight and congratulated her on the win. He was the 1st to call. "Very pleasant convo" says source"
09:00 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm going to write in Giuliani.
09:07 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Another important tidbit about Romney is he is kind of a dumb campaigner. I remember in '08 where he quite literally vested his campaign into winning in MICHIGAN of all primaries. And he only came up with 39%.
09:13 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
Male - 26 Years Old
Another important tidbit about Romney is he is kind of a dumb campaigner. I remember in '08 where he quite literally vested his campaign into winning in MICHIGAN of all primaries. And he only came up with 39%.

He's an idiot about a LOT of things.
09:19 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
lilRIPsta
Maryland
Male - 26 Years Old
we're screwed if he's the top republican candidate
10:53 PM on 08/13/11 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
Used to think he had no shot of winning and then last month I bought that he was the front runner and he will get the nom. Now I'm coming back to he won't win but he will get a few states
11:45 AM on 08/14/11 
User Info.
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
San Francisco, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
It makes me sad that Fred Karger doesn't even get an AP.net thread!
04:46 PM on 08/14/11 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
It makes me sadder that Gary Johnson doesn't have a thread
05:55 PM on 08/14/11 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Gary Johnson has one of the most active twitters amongst announced candidates. So, kudos to him on that.
06:09 PM on 08/14/11 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
He seemed good from the first debate. Is he still running? Is tpaw the only one to officially drop out?
06:34 PM on 08/14/11 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Yup.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music