AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:21 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Read himself said his age has something to do w/ it and that has how it should be.

Read was very productive for us thats all I care about. I only care about one award.
02:27 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, as I said, I am fine with his production. The awar means nothin.
01:49 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 25 Years Old
Ryan Bright is no source.
07:42 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
COTA
Throw Up The X
Hershey, PA
Male - 26 Years Old
Ryan Bright is no source.

He's much better than most of the beat writers in Philly.
10:50 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Hot damn. Raffi got FUCKED.
02:42 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Raffi plays for the Phoenix Coyotes, who are owned by the NHL. Who better to make an example of than a player that doesn't have an owner who will complain about the length of a suspension.

Raffi was walking a very dangerous line. It was a very questionable hit and his track record for such hits earned him a suspension. The number of games, 25, is absolutely shocking to me. I'll say a comparable hit would be Chara on Pacioretty, with the multiple infractions on the hit, the fact that the puck was already away, the injury and use of a stretcher. Chara got zero games, I'll call it the Gregory Campbell factor. The league has a double standard. Shannahan is trying his best to make a difference, but a system with so many problems and politics can be hard to fix, especially when the players he's working with are so willing to be destructive. Who would have thought Matt Cooke would become the league's prime example of adaptation.

Just my thoughts.
07:39 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
I was just informed that BW3 was going to switch every TV to the UFC match at 9:45 and kick out anyone who doesn't pay the $5 cover. No late game for me, I guess.
07:41 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Healthy Scratch
cowards only try it
No Avatar Selected
I was just informed that BW3 was going to switch every TV to the UFC match at 9:45 and kick out anyone who doesn't pay the $5 cover. No late game for me, I guess.
chanfeed.com
07:50 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 28 Years Old

10:12 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
As for Rookie of the Year...you can only have three candidates. I'm fine with the three they chose. Someone has to be left off unfortunately. Read benefitted the most from playing on a very talented team. Yes, age hurt him. Injury really hurts Nugent-Hopkins chances. Imagine he played the full season.
10:24 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
COTA
Throw Up The X
Hershey, PA
Male - 26 Years Old
As for Rookie of the Year...you can only have three candidates. I'm fine with the three they chose. Someone has to be left off unfortunately. Read benefitted the most from playing on a very talented team. Yes, age hurt him. Injury really hurts Nugent-Hopkins chances. Imagine he played the full season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Henrique play with Parise and Kovalchuk?
12:07 AM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Henrique play with Parise and Kovalchuk?

If you read what I wrote I said 'team'. What an honour to be good enough to play with two NHL All Stars like Koy and Parise. Must be doing something right.

No one can question Matt Read had a great season. Many players on Philly had great seasons. It's easier to look at teams who are weaker and see the rookie standing out among veterans. Age may be a factor, but not in the way Read is thinking. Read has had more years to physically mature as well as mature as a player than an 18-19 year old. Draft position plays a factor. Really, it's a nomination and you can only have three names. I'd rather you explain why Henrique, Nugent-Hopkins and Landeskog shouldn't win instead of Read other you like him because he plays for Philly.

I'm not really looking to come to a conclusion. Just be glad your team has a good rookie playing for them!
07:06 AM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
Its not even a nomination its a vote. Henrique likely finished 3rd and I bet Read finished 4th. Nothing to get worked up over
08:58 AM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Exactly.

I could see Landeskog winning. Played all year, was +18 over the next member the Avalanche, had point production, hits, stepped into a key role when Duchene went out, the team made a playoff push, they moved up the standings this year, he was a high draft pick (3rd I believe), and he seems to have NHL longevity. I didn't see him play much being that he's in Colorado.

It's not an easy decision this year, but that says more about the young guys coming into the league than anything.
09:17 AM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
If you read what I wrote I said 'team'. What an honour to be good enough to play with two NHL All Stars like Koy and Parise. Must be doing something right.

No one can question Matt Read had a great season. Many players on Philly had great seasons. It's easier to look at teams who are weaker and see the rookie standing out among veterans. Age may be a factor, but not in the way Read is thinking. Read has had more years to physically mature as well as mature as a player than an 18-19 year old. Draft position plays a factor. Really, it's a nomination and you can only have three names. I'd rather you explain why Henrique, Nugent-Hopkins and Landeskog shouldn't win instead of Read other you like him because he plays for Philly.

I'm not really looking to come to a conclusion. Just be glad your team has a good rookie playing for them!

We have 3-4 :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version