Male - 26 Years Old
Mediation didn't do shit.
02:21 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
Its too bad the Bruins best players are young and dumb as rocks (Seguin, Marchand, Lucic) because I would love to see a guy want a trade away from playing for that pile of shit. Id like to think I would have a tough time playing for a guy who is trying so desperately to ruin the sport
04:47 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
forgetdecember
Female
haha

mattsekeres: Am told by 2 NHL sources that #Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs forced employees to pay tax on 2011 Stanley Cup rings. About $7K per ring. Cont...

mattsekeres: Some support staff couldn't afford the tax up front, so players stepped up and covered the cost so they could get rings too.

What a piece of shit. That's sweet of the players, though.
11:53 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
here's one thing that sucks about the lockout moreso than not being able to see a lot of great players take their final laps. The kings PA announcer recently passed, he's been at this for 22 years and finally woulda gotten the chance to announce the kings being 2012 champs at the home opener. Because of the lockout (and I guess marty mcsorley's stick), he won't get to. The fact that things like this won't get the PA and league working to get a deal done is proof that they seriously are inhumane.
11:55 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Not NHL-related, but goddamn:

http://www.whl.ca/article/whl-sancti...nd-winterhawks

And in other news, Mike Kostka called my house this morning as part of the AHL season ticket holder package crap. Envy me.
looks like Seth Jones will be the last good thing the Hawks will have to talk about in a long long time.
11:58 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
lol it's still two early to judge Kadri, give it another season or 2
I don't think Kadri is a bust by any means...it's the shit he gets from the toronto media that's irritating and probably hinders his progress.

And honestly, if Drouin were to end up on the leafs it would be miserable. I doubt the kid is actually top 5 overall potential, his rank is boosted by being to the left of mackinnon this year. The media would kill him.
06:32 AM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
I don't think Kadri is a bust by any means...it's the shit he gets from the toronto media that's irritating and probably hinders his progress.

And honestly, if Drouin were to end up on the leafs it would be miserable. I doubt the kid is actually top 5 overall potential, his rank is boosted by being to the left of mackinnon this year. The media would kill him.

Pure skill alone he is superior to Mackinnon, but obviously pure skill isn't a reflection of NHL ability.

Drouin wears 27 because of Kovalev and thats pretty much the best player to compare him too. He is worthy of his top 5 pick but he has a ways to go to be an all around talent. Mackinnon is already there.
09:47 AM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=81742

Canada's World Junior selection camp roster.
03:16 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
Player/owner meeting happening tomorrow. I don't know all of who is attending, but one notable absence is that of Jeremy Jacobs. Huzzah?

I stopped actually caring a few days ago, so meh.
04:00 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
osceola13
In Yzerman We Trust
Wesley Chapel, FL
Female
Player/owner meeting happening tomorrow. I don't know all of who is attending, but one notable absence is that of Jeremy Jacobs. Huzzah?

I stopped actually caring a few days ago, so meh.

I thought Jacobs was reported as one of the owners attending? I was more surprised that the owner of the Lightning, Jeff Vinik, will be there.
04:04 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
for whatever this is worth....

wbzsports: WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announced tomorrow or Wednesday - @JoeGiza
04:05 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Fuck me.
04:15 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
Who the hell is Steve Burton and why does he know something nobody else does
04:24 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
I thought Jacobs was reported as one of the owners attending? I was more surprised that the owner of the Lightning, Jeff Vinik, will be there.

I may have heard wrong. Hopefully not, though, 'cause obviously fuck him.

And Burton is a reporter, working primarily (if not near-exclusively) with/for/whatever the New England Patriots. He doesn't have much of a hockey background. But he's apparently very, very well-respected in Boston. So, we'll see.

Edit: Of course Daly's just come out and said Burton's report was completely false.
04:45 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
ForeverInADay
Edmonton/Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
for whatever this is worth....

wbzsports: WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announced tomorrow or Wednesday - @JoeGiza

Came to post, and had a similar reaction to Stu

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version