Password
This Thread is Closed.

11:44 PM on 12/06/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Agreed. I miss it and hate the situation all at the same time.
Pretty much. Just want to be able to kill my free time again in front of the tv watching random NHL games.
04:34 AM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Bleh. That's all I have to say about this.
05:28 AM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I find it hysterical. The league is a comedy anymore.
11:59 AM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
softhands
@saskhockey
Saskatoon, Canada
Male - 26 Years Old
So fucking ridiculous.
12:30 PM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
I seriously think the PA is gonna crack before long. There have been numerous reports (most recently from Babby Mac) that, as has been stated, many players (and player agents) wanted to take the NHL's latest deal but Don Fehr intervened. The desperation will reach immense heights sooner than later, imo.

But who the fuck knows.
12:50 PM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
deadstar
Bricktown, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
I seriously think the PA is gonna crack before long. There have been numerous reports (most recently from Babby Mac) that, as has been stated, many players (and player agents) wanted to take the NHL's latest deal but Don Fehr intervened. The desperation will reach immense heights sooner than later, imo.

But who the fuck knows.

Fehr wont crack until hes removed. He has enough support to stayso far
03:40 PM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
we are cured
mylovefordanger.bandcamp. com
Male - 30 Years Old
Guys there's still a very good chance this gets done. What you're seeing is a guy (Fehr) that is exceptional at what he does, getting the owners to move closer and closer to what he wants. You can 'blame' him all you want but in the end we're talking about collective bargaining in a multi-billion dollar industry. From a law perspective, Fehr's actions have been masterful...provided they sign a deal. If the season is lost everyone failed. Fehr knows that and is still playing the game of chicken, because he knows he can.

At this point both sides are closer to the center than ever before. Fehr will let them cancel all of December and regain the little leverage he lost during Bettman's tirade. Then they'll come right back to the table.
01:56 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
eatsound
Boulder, CO/Boston,...
Female - 22 Years Old
Kinda lost all hope about there being a season mehh
10:17 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
ForeverInADay
Edmonton/Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
Ganes cancelled through to 2013
12:35 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
we are cured
Male - 30 Years Old
Leverage shifts back to the players, one last time. All they need to do is compromise on CBA length, term length and the pension plans.
12:35 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
The latest a season started was Jan 20 I think?

So as long as we don't hit that point, it can still happen...of course, then you start to wonder about quality of a season.

Miami Heat's title should have a TINY asterisk from last year's shortened season.
12:41 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
emkvetwin
What's left of where we're from?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Looks like the most likely alternative is a 48-game season, all games in-conference.

As a Kings fan, I absolutely hate the idea. East Coast teams (especially Atlantic Division) will barely have to travel. No Kings-Devils Cup regular season rematch, a highlight of every season and one I was really looking forward to. National coverage will be limited even further to Eastern teams. But obviously, I probably won't give a shit about the schedule if the lockout ends.
12:43 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Was this the year that the realignment was supposed to happen? The Wild travel more than any team in the league and that realignment was supposed to fix it.
12:47 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
The NHLPA and the league couldn't agree on the realignment so it was put off, which should come as a surprise to nobody after this whole shitfest of a lockout
01:01 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
we are cured
Male - 30 Years Old
Looks like the most likely alternative is a 48-game season, all games in-conference.

As a Kings fan, I absolutely hate the idea. East Coast teams (especially Atlantic Division) will barely have to travel. No Kings-Devils Cup regular season rematch, a highlight of every season and one I was really looking forward to. National coverage will be limited even further to Eastern teams. But obviously, I probably won't give a shit about the schedule if the lockout ends.

Yeah, I mean beggars can't be choosers at this point. I'll just be excited to watch something other than basketball.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos