Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:31 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
So you'll do well until playoff time. Alright.

totally their year.
just like last year!
06:48 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
Hi Homer, Find Your Soulmate
Everyone's saying that this is the Caps year. Which means it'll probably end similar to previous seasons.
06:50 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
vokoun signing for 1.5 is incredible, i'll give you that.
06:57 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
That was pretty amazing along with McPhee being able to get a first and second round pick from the Avs for Varlamov. I'm a little weary that Vokoun won't play at an elite level this season since most goalies tend to go on a decline after they turn 35 and he did see his numbers drop last season, but I think that had a lot to do with Florida being awful. We don't need him to be elite for us, though. Just good enough to keep us in games, which he should do.
07:03 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
That was pretty amazing along with McPhee being able to get a first and second round pick from the Avs for Varlamov. I'm a little weary that Vokoun won't play at an elite level this season since most goalies tend to go on a decline after they turn 35 and he did see his numbers drop last season, but I think that had a lot to do with Florida being awful. We don't need him to be elite for us, though. Just good enough to keep us in games, which he should do.
god, i completely forgot about unloading varlamov for what could be a damn lottery pick and a second for a good draft year. fuck, haha. thoughts on the joel ward signing?
07:14 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
god, i completely forgot about unloading varlamov for what could be a damn lottery pick and a second for a good draft year. fuck, haha. thoughts on the joel ward signing?

Liked it. $3 mil is a little much for what he does but we really needed a player like him for the third line. Eric Fehr could not be trusted against tough competition and Ward is the complete opposite of that. Him, Laich and Chimera should be a solid line who can at least take pressure some pressure off our first line from taking a lot of tough draws. Only signing that I wasn't a huge fan of was Hamrlik.

Thoughts on the Heatley/Havlat and Burns/Seto trades?
07:29 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
Liked it. $3 mil is a little much for what he does but we really needed a player like him for the third line. Eric Fehr could not be trusted against tough competition and Ward is the complete opposite of that. Him, Laich and Chimera should be a solid line who can at least take pressure some pressure off our first line from taking a lot of tough draws. Only signing that I wasn't a huge fan of was Hamrlik.

Thoughts on the Heatley/Havlat and Burns/Seto trades?
i figured i'd get that response. i liked what ward did during the playoffs, but 4 years at 3 mil is a little bit of a hefty price.
love the heatley/havlat trade. i'm liking the added speed and the cap hit. as much as i love seto, i'm more sad losing a prospect like coyle, especially with the thin prospect pool the sharks have. however, the extension of burns (although i didn't really doubt he'd be let go for the price they paid for him) helps lessen the blow. the second round pick next year also helps. as of now the sharks have a first and two seconds, so i'm hoping to replenish the cupboard a little. i'm going to guess the third for james sheppard was an unwritten-wait-for-him-to-recover deall from either the havlat or burns trade, and i'm praying he turns it around.
07:39 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
i figured i'd get that response. i liked what ward did during the playoffs, but 4 years at 3 mil is a little bit of a hefty price.
love the heatley/havlat trade. i'm liking the added speed and the cap hit. as much as i love seto, i'm more sad losing a prospect like coyle, especially with the thin prospect pool the sharks have. however, the extension of burns (although i didn't really doubt he'd be let go for the price they paid for him) helps lessen the blow. the second round pick next year also helps. as of now the sharks have a first and two seconds, so i'm hoping to replenish the cupboard a little. i'm going to guess the third for james sheppard was an unwritten-wait-for-him-to-recover deall from either the havlat or burns trade, and i'm praying he turns it around.

Haha, just trying to get more conversation here since it's usually dead during the off-season.

I think Havlat fits San Jose's system more than Heatley did and he saves the Sharks some cap space as well. San Jose's defense is really the best I've seen it in years with the moves they made. Burns and Boyle could be awesome on the powerplay. Losing prospects hurts but the Sharks are trying to win now so I don't think it will hurt them that much in the grand scheme of things.
09:45 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old
Haha, just trying to get more conversation here since it's usually dead during the off-season.

I think Havlat fits San Jose's system more than Heatley did and he saves the Sharks some cap space as well. San Jose's defense is really the best I've seen it in years with the moves they made. Burns and Boyle could be awesome on the powerplay. Losing prospects hurts but the Sharks are trying to win now so I don't think it will hurt them that much in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah, seriously. I can't wait for the season to start. It feels like such a long time ago since the playoffs.

I'm loving the defense we have right now. Demers-White/Vandemeer for a third pairing? Not too shabby. Extending Couture before this season is awesome. I'm intrigued with what Wilson will do the 2014 offseason. So many expiring contracts. I'm somewhat excited for it, though.
11:21 PM on 09/02/11 
User Info.
Robb
the last light of a dying star
Colorado Springs
Male
I like Clemmensen's mask, even if it is kind of basic.

Potvin's designs are my favorites ever, so Clemmensen's mask that's inspired by his is definitely cool with me.
04:44 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
Sandbox
Male - 26 Years Old
Potvin sucks.
10:53 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
Sylar
Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
San Francisco