Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:50 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
ForeverInADay
Edmonton/Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
Schneider (TOR). Not the strongest crew of goalies and Schneider is strictly a backup for Luongo.
When did we get two new goalies?
07:59 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
ForeverInADay
Edmonton/Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
i know its unimportant, but what's everyone think of the numbers on the front of the helmets this year? It's pretty ugly...
08:03 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
whoaisame
When did we get two new goalies?

VAN, sorry.
08:26 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
forgetdecember
Female
Pronger is playing tonight. Should be interesting.
09:35 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
deadstar
Bricktown, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
Bummed Nick Johnson got claimed. Especially if its for the sake of keeping Richard Park on the roster
09:41 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Kopitar -- first hat trick of the season. Pre-season, of course, but a trick none the less.

How does everyone feel about their teams now that we're nearing the start of the season? Toronto has me cautiously optimistic as always.
10:08 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
I know you can never have too many players but I dont like going into the season with the possibility of keeping 8 defenseman. I just think it would be easier to not have a game of musical chairs for the first few games of the season. Im almost hoping Aulie/Franson/Komisarek/Gunnarson get injured in the next few days just to make things clearer. Just like it may be a blessing in disguise to have Kadri hurt and giving Frattin the spot.
10:30 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Agreed on Kadri. I didn't think there could have been a bigger disappointment than Jason Blake, but Mike Komisarek is making me seriously question that thought. He needs to go. Surprised Burke didn't ship him to one of the teams close to the cap floor, like NYI, for a bag of pucks and a case of Molson. Aulie has been meh so far this camp, but I think he'll stick with Phaneuf.

I'm interested to see how our new center plays with Kessel.
10:49 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
We need one more team for the nhl fantasy league. Draft is tonight at 10pm (eastern). Link is in the fantasy hockey thread.
11:01 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
boiledfrogs
toronto
Male - 22 Years Old
I know you can never have too many players but I dont like going into the season with the possibility of keeping 8 defenseman. I just think it would be easier to not have a game of musical chairs for the first few games of the season. Im almost hoping Aulie/Franson/Komisarek/Gunnarson get injured in the next few days just to make things clearer. Just like it may be a blessing in disguise to have Kadri hurt and giving Frattin the spot.

when lombardi gets back to 100% (or as close to as it as he's going to get) he's more than likely going to jump into kadri/frattin's spot anyway. i think an ahl top line of kadri-colbourne-frattin is better for the two wingers anyway as they'll dominate down there rather than playing a checking line role in the show. lombardi is better than them at this point anyway. really excited to see what he can still do, he was one of my favourites when he was in calgary.
11:12 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
We need one more team for the nhl fantasy league. Draft is tonight at 10pm (eastern). Link is in the fantasy hockey thread.

In. League is now full.

Let's do this.
11:12 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
I agree with that but the problem I have is that you shouldnt really keep skilled guys in the minors just so you can make room for guys like Dupuis, Rosehill, Boyce and Orr. I think playing on the 3rd line isnt as bad this year as it has been in the past. Getting minutes with Armstrong and Bozak is far better than playing with guys like Sjostrom and Wallin which was the case the last few years.

You are right though when Lombardi is back at 100% it will be interesting to see how they juggle lines.
11:15 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Agreed. If you're an offensively minded forward, being relegated to the ranks of a checking line will not help development of your natural skill set. Sure, you play minutes with quality players and face opposition of a much higher caliber than the minors, but there's something to be said about the roll as well. Another year in the minors is best -- next year there will be (or shouldn't be) any questions about where these players land.
11:55 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Kopitar -- first hat trick of the season. Pre-season, of course, but a trick none the less.

How does everyone feel about their teams now that we're nearing the start of the season? Toronto has me cautiously optimistic as always.

Hope he keeps it up. I ended up snagging him first in my league.
12:26 PM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Boychuk assigned to Charlotte....so much for me thinking this would be his year, lol. Canes are keeping Murphy and Faulk in Raleigh for now, which is promising.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos