Username
Password

02:14 AM on 09/01/11 
User Info.
Ryan Rumsey
Good Business Moves
Carmi, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
I liked you better when you just made HP jokes.
09:10 AM on 09/01/11 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
First of all your a douche bag. Second of all stop thinking about yourself. He just came out to you. Do you understand how hard that was for him? Stop thinking about why he didn't tell you earlier or that he was lying to you because he wasn't doing it to be an asshole he was doing it because he was afraid you would react like this. He didn't want to ruin a good friendship. If you ever cared for his guy at all then you will stick around and support him in his choices. Lastly don't act like anything has changed because it really hasn't. He is the same dude he was before he told you. Don't act any different. Don't censor yourself. Be the same old friend and treat him the same way you treated him before he came out and things will return to normal. Only homophobes dump their friends when they come out.

This was my first thought. Quit being a selfish asshole, OP.
10:02 AM on 09/01/11 
User Info.
JetpackJesus
The Human Fart Joke
Ireland
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, abandoning him when he's at his most vulnerable is a bit douchey. Awkward or not, at least try to make the effort. He's having alot shitter time than you are, Mr. Potter.
10:08 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
just giving this thread a bump. My gay friend is still my friend. He's been dating this guy for almost a year now. they are completely in love. He still tells me that he has always had a crush on me. whenever he does it makes me feel weird. I'll explain why.
I've never said or thought about being with a guy. Yes I would say Brad Pitt is a great looking man, but I would never wonder what it would feel like to be with him. Whenever my friend tells me he likes me it makes me wonder those thoughts. those "what if." It makes me uncomfortable. But he's dating this guy and this guy is really nice. But he too flirts with me. If we are at a party and they get drinks in them I always hear how much they want to turn me gay. I guess it's kind of flattering, but I feel like I'm losing my best friend. 2 years ago he would never say anything like that. 2 years ago he wasn't dressing like he is now. 2 years ago I couldn't tell he was gay. Now anyone/everyone can tell. I know things change but he was my best friend. I miss the old days.

They are talking about getting married. and i'm told that I would be the best man. That's great and all. It just sucks sometimes to grow up.
04:52 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female
For all the shit you got in this thread (and I just read the whole thing) I have to say I can understand where you're coming from. It's awkward when someone you thought you knew everything about comes out to you. My best friend in the world is a gay guy and I used to live with 3 gay guys so I have never had an issue with homosexuality when it's clear but yeah, there is definitely something unsettling to be told by someone out of the blue that they're gay or bi and it had never crossed your mind before. For me, it was my boyfriend telling me he thinks he's bi. I freaked out like you did. I think it's only natural to question the relationship but I got over it. Growing up does suck sometimes but we get over that too.
10:14 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
HP's friend and friend's boyfriend actually are putting him in an awkward position, especially because you'd get used to a couple in love and making wedding plans to not act like that. It's a little unfair. Even if it was a straight couple like making threeway comments to you, not everyone appreciates that.
10:22 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
For all the shit you got in this thread (and I just read the whole thing) I have to say I can understand where you're coming from. It's awkward when someone you thought you knew everything about comes out to you. My best friend in the world is a gay guy and I used to live with 3 gay guys so I have never had an issue with homosexuality when it's clear but yeah, there is definitely something unsettling to be told by someone out of the blue that they're gay or bi and it had never crossed your mind before. For me, it was my boyfriend telling me he thinks he's bi. I freaked out like you did. I think it's only natural to question the relationship but I got over it. Growing up does suck sometimes but we get over that too.

Haha yea, try your best friend of 10 years, a big bearded man, comes out as a transgender. Who akss you for really girly advice, and I'm about the last girl to ask beauty advice from haha. Also who isn't gay. I love him, but for once I gotta side with Harry Potter on why the situation can be an adjustment.

Edit: he invited me to go bra shopping and I felt bad for turning him down because I don't want him to think he's the awkward one, but the truth is I can't even go bra shopping with my best friend, sister, mom, etc. I'm such an awkward girl, I can hardly go bra shopping myself -_-
08:19 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
i never understood why a girl can say she ate another girl out before but still maintain her straightness but if a dude says he's sucked a dick he's automatically gay for life.
08:54 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I feel like most guys wouldn't call two girls making out at a party lesbians, that is all.

This is a good point... and maybe it's a double standard, but two dude making out a party I would definitely consider a bit gay.

I'm straight and I don't think there's enough alcohol in the world to get me to give/receive oral with another dude
08:55 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
i never understood why a girl can say she ate another girl out before but still maintain her straightness but if a dude says he's sucked a dick he's automatically gay for life.

I didn't see this post before or I would've multi-quoted, but I think the kissing at a party analogy was a bit more on par... if a girl goes down on another girl, I would consider that to at least be bi-curious if not more
11:58 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old

Girls are whores and guys are gay!
12:45 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
slamthisdown
my (fucking) deer hunter
Tickling balls, poking butt holes happens in heterosexual relations as well.
I think I've been missing out on a few things...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos