The Lion Faced Boy - 08.28.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Lion Faced Boy
1. How did you get your band name?
It started as a solo project of mine (Rob Scanlon) after I left my old band. I wanted to relate it to some kind of side show act. I chose Lionel and it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
After I quit I.M. Legend in July of 2010, I was just bummed. I moved to FL and started recording a bunch of songs we hadnít finished up. I met Danny after the first acoustic EP came out. We started turning everything into full band. Danny had this crazy energy and took some of these really quiet songs and brought them to life. We recorded with Brooks Paschal (Sullivan/The Afterlife Kids) - he produced our full band album which at the time was just Danny and I. Mark and Freddy joined shortly after that and the band grew from there.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
This is always such a hard question to answer. So many. As a band I would say: Bayside, Saves the Day, I am the Avalanche, Fugazi, Moneen, Alkaline Trio, Motion City Soundtrack, and Blood for Blood. Robert Goulet is a big influence on everything we do too.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would love to go out on tour with any of the following. The Gay Blades, The Sleeping, and all of the bands I mentioned above. Just about anyone who wants to tour with us. Itís kind of our favorite thing to do.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
I would say the most affordable to eat is Ramen. The best food when youíre having an awful day is White Castle. Something about it is just perfection. In and Out Burger - for those who havenít had it, get on it. We also love Pork Cracklins with the exception of Mark. He hasnít caught on yet.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think if you enjoy listening to music then you are constantly looking for new artists. We are a kick ass live band and we arenít planning on stopping anytime soon. We arenít doing this to be rich and famous we are doing this to make music. If by some means we can make a living off of it one day, awesome. Right now we are enjoying our lives making songs we love and touring.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Brooks Paschal - he really did wonders for us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I guess I would say making it less about money. It sucks that amazing bands that have been around for years can barely make a living doing what they love. Hopefully something can happen soon where everything becomes a little bit less hostile.
10. Memorable tour experience?
There are a lot that I could name. Watching Danny ride a low rider bicycle into a swimming pool at a hotel will definitely be on the top of my list for a while.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Iíve checked AP.net everyday for years now. I think that it gives bands and music fans a place to kind of mingle. You get an honest opinion of your work and that is awesome. I remember waiting for our music to post and just checking the comments. I was more excited about the mean ones than the majority of the nice ones.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I think my favorite song is either "Push Comes to Shove" or "Alchemy for Beginners." We havenít released "Alchemy" yet, but it will be out on our EP next month.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I think I live there now. It used to be FL. I guess itís CT now?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, and Greenday.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I think Banshee from X-Men has a bad ass power. You can destroy people by screaming and fly using it, so I would go with that.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We love Brass Monkeys a lot.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I donít know, that is sort of for someone else to say. I really avoid listening to the radio. When I do, itís usually an alternative station and I think we would do well with that. But again, I donít know.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all have a ton of different things. We work, go to school, go to the bars, write music, video games
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We are all pretty good cooks. Freddy does all of our video editing. We are just made of awesome - everything we do is pure talent far from hidden.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music