AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Framing Hanley - The Moment Album Cover

Framing Hanley - The Moment

Reviewed by
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Framing Hanley The Moment
Release Date: May 15th, 2007 online; August 8th, 2007 retail
Label: Silent Majority Group

Who?

The more important question is: Why do I keep doing this to myself? These radio cock rock bands get more horrid with every lackluster, melodramatic album. Framing Hanley is no different.

How Is It?

Guess. The Moment will not be fondly remembered. Each soaring Avenged Sevenfold-on-downers riff (“Built For Sin” and “Wave Goodbye”) is made remarkably worse by background scream/shrieks. The anticipated acoustic tearjerker, “Alone In This Bed (Capeside)”, becomes the best song by default. The members of Framing Hanley finally seem like real people with synthesized strings and somber piano. However, the fact that their "fans" can interchange these types of bands so easily should be a large warning sign. Eventually their listening base will move on to something else for their quick musical fix. Hopefully it’s happier than The Moment.

Recommended If You Like: 30 Seconds To Mars, Breaking Benjamins, Gamecube, Avenged Sevenfold, working construction, mousse (the hair product), using paperclips as accessories, words like "Chyeah" or "Righteous", Scott Stapp is G*d

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:13 PM on 06/08/07
12:46AM
is a brain in a vat
User Info.
hahaha. that's the best "riyl" section ever, bro. let's chill and play gamecube with a sixpack of natty ice, bro.
05:04 AM on 06/09/07
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Can we listen to dane Cook & watch re-runs of Family guy too?

This album was eh...ok?
agree with the rating.
06:01 PM on 06/09/07
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
hahaha. that's the best "riyl" section ever, bro. let's chill and play gamecube with a sixpack of natty ice, bro.

(Cough) Blake learned everything about being witty and urbane in his reviewing from me.
11:32 PM on 06/09/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
(Cough) Blake learned everything about being witty and urbane in his reviewing from me.

I don't even know what "urbane" means. so HA!

you da man
02:55 AM on 06/10/07
12:46AM
is a brain in a vat
User Info.
yeah, you're the best staff reviewer. in my humble opinion, that is.
09:26 PM on 06/10/07
rickmook
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I normally just read the reviews but I thought I would register & say something about Framing Hanley. I went and listened to their myspace...you're probably right about the Alone in this Bed
song, pretty sappy but it's alright. But I will say that the song Hear me now is actually pretty good....at least the lyric "won't you....get on your knees, have faith..and believe in the lie with
us all"....I think it's an anti religion song, maybe questioning religion. They do look young and like every emo band ever.
05:45 PM on 06/16/07
Paintman209
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that is a horrible review. I don't know how you can even compare Framing Hanley to Avenged Sevenfold, they aren't even in the same genre of music. I also don't know how saying they look like every other emo band has anything to do with their album. How do they look emo? None of them wear make up, only the lead vocalist wears a glove, none of them have died hair, they don't wear tight pants. I don't see it. I would appreciate it also if you didn't generalize the fan base"to get there quick musical fix" I have listened to them from the beginning and I still listen to them. By the way it is Breaking Benjamin not Benjamins.
06:27 PM on 06/16/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I think that is a horrible review. I don't know how you can even compare Framing Hanley to Avenged Sevenfold, they aren't even in the same genre of music. I also don't know how saying they look like every other emo band has anything to do with their album. How do they look emo? None of them wear make up, only the lead vocalist wears a glove, none of them have died hair, they don't wear tight pants. I don't see it. I would appreciate it also if you didn't generalize the fan base"to get there quick musical fix" I have listened to them from the beginning and I still listen to them. By the way it is Breaking Benjamin not Benjamins.

haha, where did I say anything about them looking emo? Did you read this review? Who the fuck cares if it's Benjamins or Benjamin? The band blows regardless.

You sure were stretching to make me look like a fool there. Don't get so worked up over this, the band will not be affected by my "generalizations."

On second thought, could you go through all of my reviews you don't like and complain about things not actually contained in the articles? I live a sad life and any sort chuckles you can provide for me would be greatly appreciated.
05:52 PM on 06/24/07
Paintman209
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, I was referring to rickmock's statement.
11:56 PM on 06/24/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
haha, you did make me look like a fool after all. Typical.
09:36 AM on 07/14/08
Soufhyper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guys guys guys....When are you going to realize that Blake Soloman hates pretty much anything that is played on the radio. Let me give you a glimpse into Blake's life. He was probably in a band that never made it out of their hometown. He is pissed at any band that gets signed because he feels his band kicked ass and never got that opportunity! He only wished there was some douche out there giving his CD a shitty review. He probably jerks off to that notion every night.

I am not saying that every band that gets played on the radio is great. What I am saying is if you are a music critic, put an open ear out on what you are listening too. I bet you already had an opinion on framing Hanley before you ever listened to their music. That is like me saying your a no-talent ass wipe that jerks off to his blogs everyday. It would not be a fair assumption of me to make, now would it.
08:11 PM on 10/15/08
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
such a great RIYL
01:40 PM on 01/03/10
skyey2000
Lifes to short to live with regrets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow shortest review ever

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News