Username
Password

08:44 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
Tempe, AZ
Female
didn't someone from here totally predict that last year and hoard a tumblr URL? looks like ya might get to put it to use. (if they're nominated for 6 Grammys they're sure to win at least 1.)
12:15 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Seth Robinson
Delray Beach,FL
Male - 27 Years Old
After "Carry On" gets huge, the next obvious single choice is "All Alright." God, I hope they don't use Bhasker as a producer for the next record, but they've been so incredibly commercially mainstream successful with him at the helm, I'm scared there will be no change and we will get "Some Nights Part 2", with an obvious "We Are Young"-type single...the old "don't fix what ain't broken." I really HOPE that's not true, and the new record sounds like a mixture of both.
12:17 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
After "Carry On" gets huge, the next obvious single choice is "All Alright." God, I hope they don't use Bhasker as a producer for the next record, but they've been so incredibly commercially mainstream successful with him at the helm, I'm scared there will be no change and we will get "Some Nights Part 2", with an obvious "We Are Young"-type single...the old "don't fix what ain't broken." I really HOPE that's not true, and the new record sounds like a mixture of both.
It's like you have no idea who the members of this band are.
12:20 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female

Had a response to him that was long winded but I deleted it because a "this" to your post is enough.
12:40 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Seth Robinson
Delray Beach,FL
Male - 27 Years Old

I know, I know. Been following Nate's career for ten years. Nate and Co. love/are obsessed with Jeff Bhasker and his production style and way of doing things. I just hate when bands put out the same album twice...I like some variety. I'd love to hear some actual LIVE DRUMS (recorded in the studio specifically for the album) instead of programmed ones on the new record.
It'd be REALLY sweet if Stephen McDonald, Roger Manning Jr.(producer/arranger of "Dog Problems" and "Aim and Ignite") and Jeff Bhasker all collaborated on the production, but I doubt that will happen.
12:42 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I doubt the next album will be like this one
01:01 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
gman610
Second Best
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, I don't see this band putting out an album just like their last. I mean sure, they may keep elements of Some Nights, sort of like Aim and Ignite had elements of Dog Problems, but I've never gotten the impression that any of these guys are the type to stay settled in one sound for a while.
01:13 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. I find it hard to imagine these guys just putting out the same kind of album/single again just because it was popular this time.
01:19 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, I don't see this band putting out an album just like their last. I mean sure, they may keep elements of Some Nights, sort of like Aim and Ignite had elements of Dog Problems, but I've never gotten the impression that any of these guys are the type to stay settled in one sound for a while.
Agreed. It's weird though. Nate's never released a third album. "Dog Problems" took the pop side of The Format and built on it with more Broadway-esque flourishes, while "Some Nights" got rid of that and went electronic. I'm really pumped to see where this heads.
09:56 AM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
thechrisformat
let's tune out
Avondale, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Speaking of Broadway, "Sight of the Sun" sounds like it could be in RENT.
10:33 AM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
iden22
close call
G-Ville/Miami, FL
Male - 20 Years Old
So cool for them to be playing Obama's inaugural ball and the Grammys.
03:21 PM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
Jacksonville, FL
Male
I see the album being a different entity than Some Nights but I would be super surprised if Bhasker wasn't at the helm again, and that the electronic/hip hop influences don't go away. I don't know how long it'll be before the next album comes out either.. Fall 2014? I don't know. It'll be interesting -- Nate's always been a pretty autobiographical lyricist so that's what I'm most keen on seeing/hearing.
03:29 PM on 01/11/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
early 2014 seems possible to me
01:36 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
Tempe, AZ
Female
early 2014 seems TOO early. especially considering they're still touring for most of 2013 and wouldn't be able to begin recording until the fall at earliest. (and a little bird told me to expect even more fall/winter tour dates. so.)
08:17 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
johnallard
Nashville
Male - 24 Years Old
So cool for them to be playing Obama's inaugural ball and the Grammys.

For real? When did they announce that?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version