AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Spitalfield News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

More Spitalfield Vinyl

Posted by - 01:59 PM on 09/11/11
Robbed the Bank Records is releasing Spitalfield's Stop Doing Bad Things and Better Than Knowing Where You Are on vinyl. Hit the replies for a message from the label, as well as details.

Submitted by Batmanofbaylor

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
01:59 PM on 09/11/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Details"This maybe news to some of you, unless you read the back of Alternative Press or hangout on some message boards but yes WE ARE RELEASING MORE SPITALFIELD ALBUMS (sorry for the caps but thats how excited we are). We are releasing Spitalfield - Stop Doing Bad Things & Better Thank Knowing Where You Are on vinyl. These will both be limited to 500 copies with three colors each.

Stop Doing Bad Things colors will be: Gold with light blue accents, Light Blue with Gold Accents & Brown

Better Than Knowing colors will be: Opaque Green, Green with Black swirl & Half Green Half Black.

If that wasn't enough for you, there will also be a 'Chicago Supreme' Box Set with a copy of all three Spitalfield records that we have released limited to 50 copies. These records will have a special color vinyl. We think that the boxes look amazing (you can find pictures of these boxes at www.robbedthebank.com .

We have been asked if there will be Friends Presses (test presses) available and the answer is yes! I will be putting those into the store sometime on Monday (9/12/11, thats right, thats this Monday). Also, Preorder for the records themselves will be going up sometime on Friday (9/16/11 yes, this coming Friday) with a street date of 9/23. So these are coming up quick. If you want to know exactly when these go up be our friends on facebook and we will update you with more information and goodies.
-Jason Novak "Robbed the Bank Records"
02:04 PM on 09/11/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Would like to have BTKWYA on vinyl, but why do they all have to be in special colors? Would much rather have it simply black.
02:19 PM on 09/11/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Definitely worth it. I also support BTKWYA being remixed, something about the production on that record bugs me.
02:25 PM on 09/11/11
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
I need
02:32 PM on 09/11/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Would like to have BTKWYA on vinyl, but why do they all have to be in special colors? Would much rather have it simply black.
that's stupid.
02:33 PM on 09/11/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Why? Because I don't like colored vinyl?
02:47 PM on 09/11/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Why? Because I don't like colored vinyl?
yes. How can you not like colored vinyl? Black is so lame and boring, colored vinyl makes the vinyl more connected to that album.
03:05 PM on 09/11/11
cubswin182
User Info.
I don't like colored vinyl. If you actually buy the records to listen to them I have found black vinyl sounds better than colored. I'd rather have 180 gram black than any dumb color combination.
03:19 PM on 09/11/11
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
I'm gonna go for the set
03:57 PM on 09/11/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
yes. How can you not like colored vinyl? Black is so lame and boring, colored vinyl makes the vinyl more connected to that album.
Black is so lame and boring? Since when does the actual appearance have to do with the music on the record? Isn't the music the reason why you're buying it?
I'm not saying I would never have a colored record, I'm just saying that personally I would rather have a black record.
Also please enlighten me on this connection, how does the color make the vinyl more connected to the album? How does the record being opaque green make the vinyl more connected to the music in the album?
04:02 PM on 09/11/11
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Black is so lame and boring? Since when does the actual appearance have to do with the music on the record? Isn't the music the reason why you're buying it?
I'm not saying I would never have a colored record, I'm just saying that personally I would rather have a black record.
Also please enlighten me on this connection, how does the color make the vinyl more connected to the album? How does the record being opaque green make the vinyl more connected to the music in the album?
forest theme.
04:22 PM on 09/11/11
robbed.the.bank
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
we did not sacrifice any quality of sound with the pressing. we feel confident with the pressing plant that we used that the colors will sound as good as black.

as the email said, we are just excited to be able to release three of Spitalfield's albums.
04:40 PM on 09/11/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Awesome!
05:12 PM on 09/11/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
we did not sacrifice any quality of sound with the pressing. we feel confident with the pressing plant that we used that the colors will sound as good as black.

as the email said, we are just excited to be able to release three of Spitalfield's albums.
I'm still planning on purchasing a copy, I was just putting my two cents out there. BTKWYA is too good to pass up on vinyl.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos