Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
09:09 AM on 06/10/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
You give STROKE 9 a 90%.... come on. Then you compare them to JEW and TEN..:/ boo.

lololololololololololol. your opinion > my opinion. lololololololol
10:06 PM on 06/10/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
My brother bought me this album for Christmas back in 1999. It was one of my first rock albums and while I don't consider it extremely influential in the types of music I listen to now, it's still an album I look back to with fond memories -- and for a lot more reasons than the original single that made my brother think to buy it. You've done a good job of detailing why this album is worth it.

I really appreciate it dude. Yeah, I know some will ultimately call me a fool or just hate on this band, but I really do love this album. I can't say that about too many records. It just makes me feel good, and that really helps me to (obviously) overlook any missteps or things like that.

Nicely done Blake, congrats on 100

Thanks shmerms, youve been around for the whole ride.
04:41 PM on 06/12/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I think it's cool that this album means so much to you personally, but I think you have to address the issue of objectivity at some point. I mean, the ridiculousness of assigning numeric values to artistic creations aside, is this album really a 90%? The first guy was a douche about it for sure, but I see his point.

Congrats though, 100 reviews is a lot.

Well, I said at the top that personal bias would go throughout the review. But, I still think the music is solid. I listened to it again today and loved it again. I straight up think this is a great record, as you say, numeric values aside.
01:30 PM on 08/31/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
flash in the pan in regards to radio airplay? sure, but when has that decided (especially on this site) whether a band is worth a damn or not. They are still releasing music (the new one is pretty good) and just because most people wrote them off after one catchy pop-rock song doesn't mean they were only able to make one hit song. I love this band and always will. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me, but my emotional attachment to this record, which is instrumental to my definition of value, is too great.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests