Username
Password

10:30 PM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
MonikaMonique
No Avatar Selected
Provo, UT
Female - 30 Years Old
"Tragic Hero Records has announced the signing of Provo, Utah alt-rockers The Young Electric. Formed in January 2011 by brothers Riley and Drew Hamnett, along with Natty Coleman, and Mat Deason, the band has been working nonstop writing songs, practicing, playing shows, and perfecting their sound. This dedication to their craft is evident on the band’s debut full length, Machines, which was produced and recorded by Jim Wirt (Incubus, Jacks Mannequin) at Closerlook Recording in Cleveland, OH and will be released this November. The first single “Golden” will hit radio on September 19th, with a music video to follow. In a joint statement, the band says, “We are excited to be a part of a family and team that believe in our music as much as we do. Signing to Tragic Hero Records will enable us to get our passion and art into a much broader audience. We couldn’t be happier.” Tragic Hero Records founder Tommy LaCombe offers, “I’m pleased to be putting a foot back in a direction musically that we haven’t been in a while and couldn’t be more excited to take that step than with The Young Electric.”
08:42 AM on 10/05/11 
User Info.
bloodpig666
No Avatar Selected
Champlin, MN
Male - 20 Years Old
When im drawing i usually listen to suicide silence
05:00 PM on 10/05/11 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
I listen to a lot of metal when doing physics/chemistry.

a lot.
11:46 PM on 10/07/11 
User Info.
Lithium Viper
No Avatar Selected
Female
It would depend on what the paper's for. Usually it's Franz Schubert or anything classical, but there are also times I go for Punk and/or Synthpop.
08:35 AM on 10/12/11 
User Info.
Aforgomon
Male - 21 Years Old
I usually listen to hip hop instrumentals otherwise Vitamin String Quartet. I try to avoid anything with vocals so I can focus on the words I am typing and not the lyrics of the song.
12:34 PM on 10/25/11 
User Info.
MHMJack
No Avatar Selected
I need to listen to something without lyrics, but that isn't too complex either, so it can just 'be there' while I work.

And So I Watch You From Afar is good, but is pretty detailed aswell. Emmure's good, because you can't hear the lyrics and it's just mindless breakdowns, so it makes life easy
05:59 AM on 10/27/11 
User Info.
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
Southern California
Male - 25 Years Old
The Receiving End of Sirens are responsible for the quality of all my papers during my Frosh and Sophomore years of college.

After that, I started listening to whatever kept me awake while I wrote, mainly stuff I could sing along to easily.
02:55 PM on 10/31/11 
User Info.
wecameaswaffles
youtube.com/hvrocker2
UML c.o. Engineering
Female - 18 Years Old

i always get lost in this song..
06:29 PM on 11/01/11 
User Info.
Poe-tryGirl
DADAIST DISGUST
Thomasville, NC
Female - 21 Years Old
I can't listen to music while writing. Either I tune it out completely or give my full attention to the music and thus distract myself from writing. I usually don't push it so no music for me.
01:42 PM on 11/24/11 
User Info.
Jake Friedom
Burnsville
Male
The sex pistols.. no doubt..
08:44 PM on 11/29/11 
User Info.
petitedanseure
glitterati
Cincinnati, OH
Female - 23 Years Old
i listen to the entire absolutes album by barcelona. it keeps me calm and focused, at least for a while haha.
09:53 AM on 05/22/12 
User Info.
butterflyhunter
No Avatar Selected
California
Female - 21 Years Old
I recently had to write a 20 page paper in one night because Im a chronic procrastinator. If it weren't for joy division, rubella ballet, the cure, bauhaus, the smiths, and him I would have more than likely cracked!! Post punk and goth is the way to go when concentrating for me.
11:42 AM on 05/24/12 
User Info.
RyBall
iamlonglimbs.com
Baltimore, MD
Male
I declared Hellogoodbye's Would it Kill You? my paper-writing album a few months ago, but for the past few weeks, I have been throwing on Title Fight and Frank Turner while I write.
06:07 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
eduuniversities
Education Universities
No Avatar Selected
Universities
Male - 24 Years Old
Wonderfull.
Keep it up, i agree to you Online Education
08:55 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
I usually listen to hip hop instrumentals otherwise Vitamin String Quartet. I try to avoid anything with vocals so I can focus on the words I am typing and not the lyrics of the song.
Yea, same, I can't listen to anything with words. When I was in college, I would listen to Explosions In The Sky and Ludovico Einaudi.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos