AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:40 PM on 10/16/11 
User Info.
mht
i like the daughter calling out the mom for being a 2 cent whore. Like the mom thought she was good at hiding she was sleeping with his buddy.
11:44 PM on 10/16/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't really blame the wife for trying to move on after such a long time. I actually feel pretty bad for her now, given what she's going through.
11:50 PM on 10/16/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Agreed. The buddy is the only real asshole in this case.
11:57 PM on 10/16/11 
User Info.
mht
i have to side with the buddy though, he put a new roof on the house and a paint job in 8 years, that's more than most guys will do for their wives. He seemed very dedicated.

he's getting a raw deal here too
12:06 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
Yeah, I feel really bad for him as well. He definitely got screwed, in more than one way.
12:10 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
This was definitely a slow episode... Hopefully it really starts picking up, and sooner rather than later. It's the 24 producers, right? Was hoping it'd be a bit more action-y than this.
12:16 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
This was definitely a slow episode... Hopefully it really starts picking up, and sooner rather than later. It's the 24 producers, right? Was hoping it'd be a bit more action-y than this.

I really doubt it's going to pick up in the action department.
12:19 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that isn't the style the show is going for.
12:22 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't really care for it to be action packed. I personally love shows that have a slow pace + build-up like this. It's one of the reasons I love Breaking bad so much.
12:24 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
i have to side with the buddy though, he put a new roof on the house and a paint job in 8 years, that's more than most guys will do for their wives. He seemed very dedicated.

he's getting a raw deal here too

I agree, and you can always make the argument that he would be a better replacement for the family than anyone because he already has a strong connection with them.

The one thing that makes me lean towards him being sort of an asshole though is the fact that their relationship was secret. That wasn't his decision, but it still implies that he realizes he is doing something wrong.

But 8 years is a long time. It would be fair to move on with their lives.

I think the entire situation would be handled differently if all of America wasn't pointing their fingers at her calling her the perfect wife and the whole never-giving-up-hope thing.
12:25 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
It's one of the reasons that 1 season of Rubicon was my favorite thing I have ever seen.

You learn so much more when each situation is taken slowly.

EDIT: Talking about it is making me realize I might be hooked. Well played...
12:29 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I agree, and you can always make the argument that he would be a better replacement for the family than anyone because he already has a strong connection with them.

The one thing that makes me lean towards him being sort of an asshole though is the fact that their relationship was secret. That wasn't his decision, but it still implies that he realizes he is doing something wrong.

But 8 years is a long time. It would be fair to move on with their lives.

I think the entire situation would be handled differently if all of America wasn't pointing their fingers at her calling her the perfect wife and the whole never-giving-up-hope thing.
I think the secrecy only implies that they wanted to ease the kids into it, if anything. They didn't do anything wrong given that Brody was assumed to be dead, so I really don't think that keeping it secret had anything to do with it.
12:43 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I think the secrecy only implies that they wanted to ease the kids into it, if anything. They didn't do anything wrong given that Brody was assumed to be dead, so I really don't think that keeping it secret had anything to do with it.

That was my first thought, but then I thought about how the kids didn't really seem to be the problem. The kids seemed to barely know their father. It seems after 8 years and that lack of a strong attachment the kids would be more comfortable with it than their friends and family knowing that a dead man's friend is sleeping with his widow. If anything a father figure would be more comforting.

I don't know, that could just be a bad assumption of human nature on my part.
01:05 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
HBdoubleJ
Orem, UT
Male - 29 Years Old
this show more than anything else on Sundays is really going to help waiting for new Mad Men/Breaking Bad easier. also, I love Damiam Lewis as an actor and hope he hasn't been turned. would prefer to root for him.
07:20 AM on 10/17/11 
User Info.
mht
obviously for this show to survive passed what feels like you can end this story in 10 episodes, they need to introduce more characters. So the major players in terms of terrorists may not even have been introduced yet. (I am talking the "turned American theory" here). I think it's too obvious in thinking Brody has been turned. It seems like visually with the flashbacks and muslim prayer and the way hes acting, that they want you to think that, and they want to plant in Claire Danes head, because she plays a character that is so entrenched in her work, bat shit crazy, that she is missing the bigger picture.

the bigger picture I think has to do with that consultant with the beard that helps her, like opening her eyes to the diamond necklace money transfer trail.

Also more characters being introduced in terms of them showing a potential sleeper cell ala Arlington Road in white suburbia with a plane flying over.

There are so many moving parts.

I like this show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests