AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

What do you think of the new Blink 182 album?

Posted by - 04:40 PM on 09/14/11
I saw Mark Hoppus was talking on Google+ about the new Blink 182 album. That got me thinking it may be fun to have a similar thread here; given the history the band has on this site. So, what are your favorite new songs from Neighborhoods? I've got to say that "After Midnight", "Wishing Well," and "Kaleidoscope" are early favorites. It looks like the general consensus is that it was well worth the wait.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 627
04:42 PM on 09/14/11
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
it was love at first listen.

i don't hear ava, i don't hear +44, i don't hear box car. i don't hear anything but a damn fine blink-182 album. the best of what they were, the best of where the left off, and the best of where they were headed. it's the perfect blink album. i have no complaints. i'm so happy i could cry.
Light_Grenades
User Info.
I'm going to hold out on it, but I'm wodering. Does HAG sound better? Like do Mark's vocals actually sound natural?
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Ghost on the dance floor and wishing well... can't get enough
04:43 PM on 09/14/11
june182
User Info.
Realliy digging it! So excited!
04:44 PM on 09/14/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Boring. Was never a big Blink fan to begin with, and this confirmed it. There's so much better music of the same genre out there.
04:46 PM on 09/14/11
_veges_
User Info.
How does everyone have the songs already?
04:46 PM on 09/14/11
voodoochild
User Info.
Blink-182?
04:47 PM on 09/14/11
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
Damn, I honestly believe this is their best album. All of the songs are great, but if I had to pick some favorites, I'd say "Ghost on the Dance Floor," "After Midnight," and "Natives."

THIS ALBUM IS SOOOOO GOOD.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
I'm going to hold out on it, but I'm wodering. Does HAG sound better? Like do Mark's vocals actually sound natural?
yes it sounds a little better, vocals have a little more pep to them, and the drums sound a lot more full. but not by much. they wanted this song to sound like old-school blink even down to the production. the approach is very minimal, but it still sounds great and in no way sticks out on the album. it still flows beautifully.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Love the first two tracks so much. Heart's All Gone Interlude is awesome, and Kaleidoscope, Love is Dangerous, MH 4.18.11, and Snake Charmer are early favorites as well. I love the atmosphere, tone, and everything on this album, really liking it more than I thought I would. Lyrics are a weak point, like always, but that's okay. If anything, this album is a rush of nostalgia for me and all the memories I have had listening to this band with my best friends.
04:48 PM on 09/14/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Love the first two tracks so much. Heart's All Gone Interlude is awesome, and Kaleidoscope, Love is Dangerous, MH 4.18.11, and Snake Charmer are early favorites as well. I love the atmosphere, tone, and everything on this album, really liking it more than I thought I would. Lyrics are a weak point, like always, but that's okay. If anything, this album is a rush of nostalgia for me and all the memories I have had listening to this band with my best friends.
And one can't properly judge a blink album without a road trip.
04:49 PM on 09/14/11
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
User Info.
ghost on the dancefloor is my favorite song so far after a couple listens of the album, but overall the album was worth the wait
04:50 PM on 09/14/11
The Minn
User Info.
Boring. Was never a big Blink fan to begin with, and this confirmed it. There's so much better music of the same genre out there.
so you were never a Blink fan to begin with but you still came to say you were never a Blink fan to begin with? and then you add that there is so much better music of the same genre out there? you my friend just won the golden award of sept 2011 for being the biggest idiot. you won the biggest idiot award!!
04:50 PM on 09/14/11
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
And one can't properly judge a blink album without a road trip.
haha so true.

i'm just taking my first listen now, but so far so good (track 3)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos