Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I don't get it.
09:30 AM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
You've said too many bad stuff about it and then said various things in favor... It became a little confuse: do you like the album just because Demi is back or you do really like the album? (shorting: do you like it or not?)

I like it a ton. Just the first 4 songs aren't what I expected, so I said how it was weird but the vocals were good enough. But it's a 15 track album and the rest makes up for it.
10:36 AM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I love La La Land and Don't Forget. No homo.

Anything similar on this album?

Nope.

Why would she released a 15 track album? Bet most of her fans can't digest all of that.

Haha no idea.
06:06 PM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I doubt the first 4 tracks are bad. they're just radio pop tracks. They each feature someone that is huge on pop radio right now. Somebody just hates pop(ular) music. I'm not one to deny that Dev had a great song in Top of The World and LIKE A G6!

You're really going to say I hate popular music? Are you new here?

If these songs were released by any other artist ... I'd have no problem admitting they'd be super guilty pleasures, because they're not bad. But considering the album they were released on...an album that is 80% legitimately good, it's just weird. That's all I'm saying.
10:59 PM on 09/15/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Probably because those songs are fine for a mediocre pop singer, but Demi's music is usually not like that. Those four songs drag down the album because they are not consistent with her work. They are not "Demi-like" at all, at least from what I can tell. It's like Hollywood just threw them in to make sure there were some radio-friendly songs. I love radio pop, including mindless catchy songs, but those are personally not the kind of songs I want to see her doing, and not the songs that are best suited for her voice. The reviewer has nothing against pop music itself. Those songs just feel out of place with the rest of the album.
This.
12:57 AM on 09/16/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I love that you love and review this kind of music without being hipster ironic about it. I've always appreciated that about you.

Whoops, didn't notice this before. Thanks dude.
08:45 AM on 09/16/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
08:55 AM on 09/16/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
One of my pet peeves is seeing two people agree on stupidity. It embarrasses me to watch them get embarrassed. It hurts me to know that they don't know any better. And it brings a tear to my eye to watch them finally see the light and still refuse to admit error.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you'll both understand what Billboard is saying there. If you still cant then I won't fight it. I'm not a teacher, and I hate students, especially ones lacking in comprehension.
Billboard Pop Songs- By a WIDE RANGE OF ARTISTS!

If there's a pop song chart and, by your definition, only has music on there that is popular ... then why is there also a rock chart? A country chart? Latin? Rap? Hip-hop? All Billboard is saying is that those are popular songs ... in a POP genre. Just like there are charts for popular songs in those OTHER genres.
08:56 AM on 09/16/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
The words "Joe" and "does not like pop music" should never belong together. My brother refers to him as the Pop Guy from Absolutepunk (for lack of a better name).

hahahahaha that rules
10:59 AM on 09/17/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
this website is a joke. i've never seen an album get lower than an 80 on here. stop letting high schoolers and teeny boppers write reviews.

11:07 AM on 09/17/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
to expand: if the first four songs are so terrible, how does this record get such an excellent score? there is zero continuity on this site.

Because the scores I gave to the categories average out to an 81 ... not sure what's so hard to understand. I don't say to myself "HEY I'M GONNA GIVE THIS AN 81" before I review it.
11:12 AM on 09/17/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I understand the average, but how in the hell are you ranking this album so high? Musicianship 7.75? What constitutes a lower score than that? And yes, I've heard the album, more times than I'd like to admit. To each their own, but jesus.

Then how am I "terrible at math"? How is this a "lazy review"? Just because you don't give a shit about it doesn't mean you have to be an ignorant dickhead. If you don't like the way things are run around here then get out.
11:13 AM on 09/17/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
This is exactly the problem.

Good luck with future reviews.
No, the problem is people like you who just look at the score. Why even have "reviews" anymore ... might as well just post an album cover and throw a number on it. Who cares what anyone has to say about the actual record, right?
12:01 PM on 09/17/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
How much of it she wrote herself? i know "Skyscraper" was written by Kerli, but the other songs?

I love this bitch and i really need to get this album! :)

She co-wrote a couple I think. Not as much as her last album though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos