Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:11 PM on 09/19/11
LiladyK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Mr. reviewer man, did you know that the Jayhawks are NOT a quartet? If you were a fan of the band, you'd have known that there are 5 members in this line up. You're thinking of the1980's line up. In addition, the band has not been "4 decades into their career". They've been together since 1985. That's 26 years, not 40. Again, I state, you're obviously not even a fan of this band.
Couldn't disagree with you more about your opinion of some of those songs, especially Cinnamon Love. Are you serious, dude? You write as if it is the worst track on the album, when it's my very favorite.
As for comparing the Women's Club albums to Tomorrow the Green Grass and Hollywood Town Hall, all 4 are excellent albums in their own right, but The Women's Club albums lack Mark Olson's additions, so you can't really say those two albums have the "same sound" as TTGG and HTH, can you?
06:40 PM on 09/21/11
LiladyK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To all of the above (minus dorilou1969), a "venerable band" (perfect description by the way) such as the Jayhawks is a band that has a long time following of dedicated followers, all of which HAVE served them well (as opposed to what was called a disservice), thank you very much. I doubt any of you would be willing to spend as much money as I have over the years just for a chance to see this band perform live....travel expenses and such; yes purely my choice, but nonetheless. Your assumption that I'm disservicing the band by calling anyone out on so many errors is hilarious. Any band would be flattered to have fans of admitted over the top geek status that take the time to even care about such ridiculous matters. lol. Initally saying the band has 15 albums, saying the current line-up is a quartet, and the additional admitted 4 decade error.....I was pointing out the obvious. I do believe that the majority of the review was pretty nice, and I applaud that to be honest......but, to call a song a "throwaway" and a "poor excuse for a filler", and then the worst of it....the ~ implied tone ~ of "how the hell could a band like that do something that stupid' comes off to me as an insult to this "venerable band" - especially when it is my favorite song. Whether you think I'm wrong or right in that feeling has no matter. It's how I feel. If people can't deal w/a differing opinion in those regards, then so be it. You said yours, and I said mine. About the HTH, TTGG, Women's Club album comparisons, I was conversing all thoughts in one conversation to all posters, not directing that to the reviewer.....I thought that would be understood. Yes, now that was MY bad.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests