AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
07:23 AM on 09/20/11
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
Yes, awesome review. That first paragraph was my favorite because I think it talks about Thrice in a nutshell. The album is still growing on me but there's some definite parts I love. I can't wait to hear these songs live too. One of the best live bands and studio bands in existence which makes it my favorite band.
09:50 AM on 09/21/11
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
I don't understand how anyone can truly feel they have an informed "written in stone" opinion on any Thrice album without giving it a minimum of 2 weeks and at least 10 listens. I'm not saying everyone has here, but some people are writing as if there's no chance of the album growing on them and moving up their rankings. If you only give M/M, or any Thrice album for that matter, a few spins before you move on I think you're missing out.

At least, in my experience, every Thrice album I've listened to (even their early material) has taken a good 10 spins for all the songs to really click, and it's usually a gradual process. So far I've only been able to spin this about 5 times the past few days since I got it and just today two songs clicked ('Words in the Water' and 'Blur') that I didn't really have a strong opinion about before. I'm sure with another few listens a couple more will stand out. The same happened to Beggars with me and it's now my second favorite Thrice album behind only Vheissu. Give it time people. It's impossible to pick up all the intricate things they do in the first few listens. Sometimes I won't even notice certain sounds until I've heard a song a lot.
07:23 AM on 09/23/11
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
Well I knew it'd get a great review, as it's Thrice, and not well, a typically shitty band, but then most bands get great reviews here. I found it incredibly boring, increeeeeeedibly boring. Why they settled on this sound and not their original one we'll never know/consistently debate, but Jesus Christ, did they have to take all the fun out of their music?
I believe it's called "maturing as musicians and people". It astounds me how many people would prefer Thrice to make the same album with the same sound over and over again. I'll never understand it. I'd rather buy a different album every 2 years from my favorite bands.
10:06 AM on 09/23/11
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
That makes sense but I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't hear THAT much Beggars in this. I mean, I do a bit on songs like 'Promises' but this still stands on its own. How many times have you spun M/M so far? You may just need more time with it.
07:37 AM on 09/26/11
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
Surprised that "Blinded" hasn't got more love whenever I see people talk about this release. It's my favorite off the album.
That one has yet to "click" with me. There's just nothing memorable about it that I've heard so far. I'm sure that'll change with time. Love the avatar btw, Greatest Show Ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos