Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
05:03 AM on 09/20/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
As a Thrice fan for 8 years now, I thank you for the great review. Especially because you make it clear what I feel - this isn't their best record yet, but that's because every record is equally amazing.

favorite track for now: Cataracts. It's the quirkiest I've seen Thrice go haha.
12:39 PM on 09/20/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
My single complaint about Major/Minor is due to my personal taste:

I am not a fan of the production. For a while now Thrice have buried the rhythm guitar behind the lead (IMO), and in this album it stands out a lot, because of the heaviness of the songs.

The baritones are there, but they don't bring the thunder. I'm talking "The Earth Will Shake" heaviness.

Songs like Anthology crush a lot less than they could. I'm pretty sure that live they are far more satisfying in regards to that.

I posted this in a Thrice thread but this might have a different crowd, and I'd like some more opinions on the subject.

edit: I'm also starting to miss Dustin's screams, but I'll wait for those as long as I have to - I know they write the songs first, and the vocals are made to fit those. Now, if Thrice is getting lighter/softer - I don't know, you can't really tell what's coming next with Thrice. Remember - M/m's closeness to its previous album is unprecedented in the Thrice catalog.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests