Username
Password

Album Review - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 155.
01:01 PM on 09/26/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
Surprised that "Blinded" hasn't got more love whenever I see people talk about this release. It's my favorite off the album.
its my favourite.
04:30 PM on 09/26/11
ThmsKetls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Almost exact to my opinion on the album.
And concidering the song Anthology, I must admit that I had the same thought.
But I Truly hope that this isn't the end of Thrice. Definetily the best band in the world, the band that've helped me through hard times, the band that've kept my head up, the band that've changed my vision on music, the band that've given me a bunch of inspiration musically, the band I've listened to the most, the best band overall.
Thrice, I love you.
04:31 PM on 09/26/11
ThmsKetls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Almost exact to my opinion on the album.
And concidering the song Anthology, I must admit that I had the same thought.
But I Truly hope that this isn't the end of Thrice. Definetily the best band in the world, the band that've helped me through hard times, the band that've kept my head up, the band that've changed my vision on music, the band that've given me a bunch of inspiration musically, the band I've listened to the most, the best band overall.
Thrice, I love you.
04:48 PM on 09/26/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.

While it's not my favorite on the record, I love the lyrics, it really clicks with me.
04:50 PM on 09/26/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Every song on this album is great, but after multiple spins, I've determined my favorites are "Words in the Water", "Promises", and "Listen Through Me".

This could change, as my favorite Thrice songs often do, lol.
01:53 PM on 09/27/11
Mailbox Rumor
User Info.
Hmm, I thought it was because "Vheissu" isn't as good as the other Thrice albums.
Moron.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS?!?!?!
04:58 PM on 09/27/11
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS?!?!?!
Not sure what you mean. Maybe you just have poor taste in music, or you're an AP.net zombie. I'm sure that Jason Tate claiming that the album is "perfect" and a 99% rating haven't influenced you at all.
10:14 AM on 09/28/11
tonywolfe
User Info.
That was one hell of a review for one hell of a record.
I'm going to have to agree. Well done writing this one, bro. Very well said. And I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best albums of the year if not of the decade. Lyrically and musically stunning. And for the record, this isn't his first obviously spiritual album. Beggars had tons of those same themes moving through it. But he doesn't do it in a pretentious, self-righteous way. I think that's why even atheists can appreciate these albums.
11:24 AM on 09/29/11
Mailbox Rumor
User Info.
Not sure what you mean. Maybe you just have poor taste in music, or you're an AP.net zombie. I'm sure that Jason Tate claiming that the album is "perfect" and a 99% rating haven't influenced you at all.

It really hasn't. Vheissu was my favorite record before I knew this site existed. Used to and still go to punk news for most of my news. But Vheissu is definitely not 5th in their catalog.
03:00 AM on 09/30/11
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
User Info.
For some reason, I'm having difficulty getting into this album. And I've never said that about a Thrice record.

By the way, I take this back. I now love it like every Thrice release.
04:01 PM on 10/02/11
evilandgood
User Info.
Whoa, lots of responses already. Thank you so much for the feedback I was bricking it during the entire writing process - and as for the track by track being a bit OTT, I agree! But my non-track by track version of the review was not as solid

Amazing record, people need to get on it.
I dig the way you did the track by track because you made sure to note at the end how essentially the sum is greater than its parts. The track by track showcased how each song contributed to the entire work as a whole. Good stuff, man!
01:38 AM on 10/06/11
TeseraNick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That was one hell of a review for one hell of a record.
Awesome job with the review. Such inspiration musicians, man I love Thrice.
05:43 AM on 10/07/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
I get it. Those disappointed because it isn't like Vheissu, because in all fairness Vheissu is one of the greatest albums every recorded. It is the definition of epic, and that energy really has only been seen again in songs like Firebreather, Daedalus, The Messenger, etc. As much as I love Thrice, part of me wants the cryptic language and the epic musical journeys.

But then I read something Dustin wrote about wanting to write clearly and openly, about saying something definitive to the listener and not dancing around a subject. It's the dark and light metaphors, the black and white and open and close and so really the right and wrong of things. He isn't 20 anymore, but a real live adult. A man who understands correct and incorrect actions and is willing to say something against it. There's so much--too much, even--nowadays that suggests humans are fallible and imperfect and "we should just accept each other for who we are" and yeah, that's true, but that also completely disregards the notion that we should better ourselves.

I don't know how, but for me Dustin's lyrics on this album though a lot more direct are actually more potent than some on Vheissu or Alchemy Index because I know it isn't because he can't write that way, but because he doesn't want to. It isn't laziness or not caring about the fans, it's simply what must be done. That's maturity, and that's why I love this band. Because sometimes art has to be sacrificed for it's own sake. Because you never know what to expect with these guys. I was unsure about this album from the iTunes previews. But M/M caught me by surprise, and it's #2. Vheissu will probably always be #1, but M/M is nipping at its heels. Just the fact that they can make such a seemingly dark and depressing album so full of hopeful undercurrents is astounding to me. Kind of like they made an entire album out of Red Sky. I love it.
how was this post ignored? excellent stuff. and i am with you on everything you say.
10:29 AM on 10/11/11
mmmmontana
i don't believe a word
User Info.
THRIIIIICE!
They're playing on the 18th of October at the Royale in Boston, I've never been but is anyone else going and have any Royale experience?
Stoked to see Moving Mountains open for them too. New to La Dispute and O'Brother - Any good word?
08:48 AM on 10/16/11
ccccombobreaker
User Info.
Album of the year material on my list. There hasn't been a day gone by where this record doesn't spin at least two or three times on my turntable.

Been a fan since IC and it's so amazing how much growth and progression they've acquired in their writing.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums