|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Gameday Regulars - 09.12.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Every sunday we used to go this sports bar to watch football because the drinks were half off all day.
2. How did this band get started?
Our buddy Danny encouraged us to get a project going, so we started writing some new songs and learned some old ones and took it from there.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Lucero, HWM, Jawbreaker, Samiam, The Replacements.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We would love to tour with any band that had a big influence on us, and the list goes on: Bad Region, Face to Face, Gaslight Anthem, The Larry Arms, Tim Barry, Lucero, The Bouncing Souls, Drag the River, Off With Their Heads, Hot Water Music, Nothington, etc...
5. Best food to eat on tour?
In and Out Burger.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're really heartfelt.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Friends, Family, Team.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
To see more labels trying to release more vinyl and bands having an easier time touring and making a living.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Covering Face to Face's "Disconnected" at a bar and everybody rushed the mic to sing along.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great site I have been following for many years.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"The Whiskey Keeps Us Young."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Fly over traffic. I hate traffic haha.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I make sure to always have a fresh set of strings and pick for every set. Everyone on stage has a drink too.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm a vegetarian.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I haven't listened to the radio in some time, but I do think it's great that some of our contemporaries have had some radio success and we could definitely bring something to the table.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Ride beach cruiser bikes.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I used to run marathons.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music