Username
Password

08:01 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
I think that I've finally decided that I don't think Mark will ever sound better than he did on Dammit.
08:08 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
is that your bunny? so jealous.
yes it is! i got it last christmas, its #26 out of 250! got it when they had it for sale online, its amazing.
08:09 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
I think that I've finally decided that I don't think Mark will ever sound better than he did on Dammit.
he only sounded like that because he was straining his voice to sound like that & he used to smoke a lot of cigarettes back in the day. i don't think he smokes much anymore if at all.
08:16 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
he only sounded like that because he was straining his voice to sound like that & he used to smoke a lot of cigarettes back in the day. i don't think he smokes much anymore if at all.

I just love how raw his voice was. He still sounds great today, but I'll probably always like that grittiness a lot more.
08:17 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
welp...

I LISTENED TO NEIGHBORHOODS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER TONIGHT

for those of you who don't know.... my younger brother and i were doing a mission where we didn't allow ourselves to listen to any new songs, not even "Up All Night." the only things we were allowed to hear were the live versions they played at the show in Salt Lake City on September 3rd. we're going to watch the music video for "Up All Night" tomorrow for the first time.

we picked our copies up from Hot Topic in the mall near my apartment. apparently (while supplies lasted) you got a FREE Blink bunny toy (one of the ones they sold on the reunion tour.) my brother and i got the very last 2 bunnies. that worked out well!

next, we drove up the mountain by the trail that goes up to the famous huge Brigham Young University "Y." we sat in the parking lot, looked over the city of Provo as the sun set while we sat in my car and listened to Neighborhoods in its entirety for the first time....

i wish i had a long, in-depth reaction to type up for you, but honestly... i can't think of the right words. i am too overwhelmed. its all still surreal and way too new for me. 14 brand new Blink 182 songs. i thought i'd never get another album from them. so this is all still nuts to me! i'm going to have to listen to it at least a few more times before i can do a full on review of the album.

my first listen favorites:
Up All Night
Snake Charmer
Fighting The Gravity (Alligator Blood knew what he was talking about, haters!)

on the way home from our romantic listening party (hahaha) we got to hear the first 3 songs again because we let the album repeat, and i noticed that i was already liking it the second time around even more than the first time! so i can only imagine how i'm gonna feel by the weekend after all the songs have hit me a little bit more!

also, i gotta say... Travis kills it. he's out of control in "Hearts All Gone" especially. and i love Tom's vocal melodies. that guy knows how to write catchy shit!

in short: i think i love Neighborhoods.

i say "i think i love" because i really need to hear it a LOT more first. i have had every other Blink album playing at least once a week for the last 8+ years so it's gonna be hard to be at the level i have those albums at (especially self titled.) but i can tell that i am going to be listening to Neighborhoods a lot already. the songs are much more technical than early Blink stuff and the production is great!

Blink-182 has been my favorite band since 1998. they have inspired and have been with me through junior high, high school, my parents divorce, relationships, break ups, and the list goes on and on. i'm really excited to see where this album will go with me in my life.
08:20 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I was hoping for a super in depth review, haha.
08:21 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm not sure what was going on since I was listening to TTNY's new album and I had my tv on mute, but one of the guys on Workaholics was wearing a shirt that says "Blink 182 rules"

It was awesome.
08:22 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
welp...

I LISTENED TO NEIGHBORHOODS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER TONIGHT

for those of you who don't know.... my younger brother and i were doing a mission where we didn't allow ourselves to listen to any new songs, not even "Up All Night." the only things we were allowed to hear were the live versions they played at the show in Salt Lake City on September 3rd. we're going to watch the music video for "Up All Night" tomorrow for the first time.

we picked our copies up from Hot Topic in the mall near my apartment. apparently (while supplies lasted) you got a FREE Blink bunny toy (one of the ones they sold on the reunion tour.) my brother and i got the very last 2 bunnies. that worked out well!

next, we drove up the mountain by the trail that goes up to the famous huge Brigham Young University "Y." we sat in the parking lot, looked over the city of Provo as the sun set while we sat in my car and listened to Neighborhoods in its entirety for the first time....

i wish i had a long, in-depth reaction to type up for you, but honestly... i can't think of the right words. i am too overwhelmed. its all still surreal and way too new for me. 14 brand new Blink 182 songs. i thought i'd never get another album from them. so this is all still nuts to me! i'm going to have to listen to it at least a few more times before i can do a full on review of the album.

my first listen favorites:
Up All Night
Snake Charmer
Fighting The Gravity (Alligator Blood knew what he was talking about, haters!)

on the way home from our romantic listening party (hahaha) we got to hear the first 3 songs again because we let the album repeat, and i noticed that i was already liking it the second time around even more than the first time! so i can only imagine how i'm gonna feel by the weekend after all the songs have hit me a little bit more!

also, i gotta say... Travis kills it. he's out of control in "Hearts All Gone" especially. and i love Tom's vocal melodies. that guy knows how to write catchy shit!

in short: i think i love Neighborhoods.

i say "i think i love" because i really need to hear it a LOT more first. i have had every other Blink album playing at least once a week for the last 8+ years so it's gonna be hard to be at the level i have those albums at (especially self titled.) but i can tell that i am going to be listening to Neighborhoods a lot already. the songs are much more technical than early Blink stuff and the production is great!

Blink-182 has been my favorite band since 1998. they have inspired and have been with me through junior high, high school, my parents divorce, relationships, break ups, and the list goes on and on. i'm really excited to see where this album will go with me in my life.

This. This is why I love music.

I'm not sure what was going on since I was listening to TTNY's new album and I had my tv on mute, but one of the guys on Workaholics was wearing a shirt that says "Blink 182 rules"

It was awesome.

He was posing as a high school kid, so he was mocking high school kids by wearing the shirt haha.
08:22 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
This. This is why I love music.

He was posing as a high school kid, so he was mocking high school kids by wearing the shirt haha.

Haha, that makes sense. Hilarious.
08:24 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha, that makes sense. Hilarious.

I'm not too huge on the show, but I do enjoy it from time to time.
08:25 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
Male - 23 Years Old
Just got back from the movies, and to my surprise, a new thread! I'm very curious to see what will be going on in the Blink world at the end of this one haha.
08:26 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm not too huge on the show, but I do enjoy it from time to time.

I don't think I've ever seen a full episode, which is why I don't know any of their names or what was going on. But everything I've seen has been hilarious.

With Netflix I very rarely watch TV so I only see it if it's placed around the half hour I switch over to cable (to watch John Stewart of course)
08:40 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
kingofcobras
No Avatar Selected
chicago/minneapolis
Male - 23 Years Old
If you haven't gotten your pre-order yet, or just haven't bought the cd the album is available on spotify. Just letting you all know! :D
10:05 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
Little Ferret
Play that tune
North Carolina
Male - 25 Years Old
this is from the old thread, but it got a little overlooked. information behind each song on the album, courtesy of Mark and Tom.

Damn, these are so good. Interesting that After Midnight isn't one of Tom's favorite songs. It's one of my favorite blink songs.
10:09 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
carloknowsbest
MA
Male - 22 Years Old
I hope Heart's All Gone is the next single

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles