|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Shoreline Drive - 09.23.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer: |
1. How did you get your band name?
Our drummer, Skylar, had a band name and our singer, Devin, had a band name and we basically had a poll between our family and friends to see which they thought was better. Shoreline Drive won and we've kept it ever since!
2. How did this band get started?
Funny story: Devin and Skylar started off playing in an 80's glam rock band (this is not a joke). They met each other and bonded over their obsessions with Blink-182. They decided they wanted to be in a pop-rock band and got the team assembled.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink-182, All Time Low, The Maine, The Story So Far, Mayday Parade, and Four Year Strong.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We'd love to tour with All Time Low because they're becoming one of the bigger bands in our genre. But to keep things interesting, we'd also like to do a stadium run with Queen.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Taco Bell. Taco Bell. Taco Bell.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because we're just a bunch of kids trying to write the best pop-rock songs we can.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'd want to be Anderson Silva. No one messes with Anderson Silva.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank Jay-Z and Kanye West for inspiring me with Watch The Throne.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less and less kids are coming out to shows because they can just watch every band they love on YouTube. I'd want to change all those minds and see more people coming out to small shows!
10. Memorable tour experience?
When we get bored on long drives, we just yell at people through the window. It feels good sometimes to call someone a pervert.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is an awesome internet community that supports a ton of incredible bands, and we want to be a part of it in any way, shape, or form.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our favorite song to play now is our latest single, "Superhero (Save You)." The kids have been reacting well to it since we dropped it on iTunes last week.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and a hint of Justin Timberlake.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd want to have x-ray vision...
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We normally do this pointless hype ritual where we put our hands in and on the count of 3 we yell, "WE LIKE TO PARTY!". That's it. Haha.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
People don't know that a majority of us are super nerds and play Pokemon, Minecraft, and WoW all the time.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
That's a touchy subject, the current state of radio is in a weird spot. I think that our music is just enough pop to do well on radio, but we haven't been on the radio yet. Hopefully someday soon!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We like to eat Teriyaki, play Pokemon, write music, and Skylar makes rap beats.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I've been thinking about this one for a while now, and I don't think that any of us can do anything out of the ordinary. Haha. We're lame.
11:36 PM on 09/29/11
Having seen these guys live several times now, I can say that they are an amazing band! When they start their first song at a show you can feel the excitement. They are definitely one of the best kept secrets of the Seattle pop-punk scene. Glad to see them get some well-deserved attention! Good pick Absolute Punk!
More From This Author