1. How did you get your band name?
I, Adam, did about 5 reports on George Rogers Clark throughout grade school. He was my default history project anytime I had a choice. I even made stop motion video with Legos depicting his sacking of Vincennes.
2. How did this band get started?
My original band (Lambert Post) broke up but I still wanted to make music. So I bought all the electronic things I needed to record tunes myself. I was originally going for an ambient, electronic, acoustic sound, but as I've progressed it's gotten louder. I like electric guitar too much.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Guitar wise: The Appleseed Cast and Explosions in the Sky. Drum wise: The National, Lymbyc Systym, and Menomena. Lyrically: Low Level Owl era Appleseed Cast - I love how there might be just one line in an entire song, sung maybe twice, or how there wouldn't be any lyrics at all.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Any of the ones mentioned above. I'd love to watch their sets every night for 3 months, that would be awesome. But I'd also feel very insignificant in comparison.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Getting dos (that's spanish for 2) 5-layer Burrito Meal Deals at Taco Bell. It's sooo much food and drink for only 4 bucks.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I feel it serves a variety of purposes. I think you can listen to my music very intently, sift through all the layers and find things you didn't hear the first time. Or you could have it on in the background and hardly pay attention to it at all.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'd switch with Duncan Keith of the Chicago Blackhawks. That or I'd switch with any professional baseball player.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Anyone that had to listen to me while recording something. I'm sure I've bugged the crap out of numerous people while making my noise.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
How music is treated like chewing gum. It seems like so many people have only one album from a band. They have the one that gained them attention but no one goes after their back catalog or bothers to care if they've done something else.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Buying expensive cigars and hot boxing the van while driving down the road.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a place where people can find more of what they'd like to listen to whether it be hardcore, punk, rock, indie, or boring ambient rock like me.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Dream #2" gets pretty rowdy live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anything with lakes, rivers, or mountains.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
DC Talk, Chicago, Neil Diamond.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd love to be extremely wealthy like Batman...oh wait, that's not a super power.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nervous poops. I also yawn a lot when I'm nervous.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
FM Radio is something I hardly listen to, but when I do it seems it's always crappy country or Katy Perry. I'm not a scantily clad woman, nor do I sing about beer and America. I'm quite positive that my music wouldn't blossom on the radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love riding my bike a ridiculous distance, pitching a tent, and then camping. I LOVE IT.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
If I take something apart, I can put it back together...sometimes.