Username
Password
The Matches News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Matches
Inside AP.net

Maniac Working on Next Release

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/05/11)
Maniac are currently working on their next album, tentatively titled Sons Of Summer. The band plans to release 3 or 4 songs at a time in custom hand crafted packages.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
03:41 PM on 10/05/11
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
Clicked on this because of the Matches icon. Never heard of Maniac, so I'm very curious now.
03:42 PM on 10/05/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I really like Mania, but it is just too unfocused, the album seriously goes in so many directions. Smaller releases could benefit them
03:42 PM on 10/05/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Clicked on this because of the Matches icon. Never heard of Maniac, so I'm very curious now.
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2196841
04:05 PM on 10/05/11
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
05:23 PM on 10/05/11
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
Was really excited about this band when they released their EP. Die Rad was an amazing song, but the rest of the EP was just ok. Then their debut LP came out and it was eh. I completely agree with too many directions
05:25 PM on 10/05/11
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
I really like Mania, but it is just too unfocused, the album seriously goes in so many directions. Smaller releases could benefit them
Exactly my thoughts
05:38 PM on 10/05/11
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I thought Mania was a solid release (/fanboy). I expected to have the sounds be pretty eclectic considering the creativity and variation in Shawn and Jake's previous EP and #1 Covers. I dig that though, keeps it fresh for repeated listens. Still, to each their own.

Needless to say I'm stoked for new songs.

I'm pretty bummed out I'll be Wide Eyed and Freewheelin' myself next year and won't have a permanent address for their Item of the Months.

Its a shame that Jake's band Something With Numbers aren't as well known outside of Australia. I'm glad they're back working on new material too (I think).
08:05 PM on 10/05/11
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Custom hand crafted packages sound awesome to me.
08:24 PM on 10/05/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Was really excited about this band when they released their EP. Die Rad was an amazing song, but the rest of the EP was just ok. Then their debut LP came out and it was eh. I completely agree with too many directions
I thought the album was fantastic.
08:43 PM on 10/05/11
Plus155
Keep it Crispy
User Info.
I'm a huge fan of The Matches, but I have not been a fan of the releases from Maniac or Bird by Bird.
02:05 AM on 10/06/11
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
Same. The eclectic nature of the sounds is what attracted me to the band's music in the first place.
07:11 AM on 10/06/11
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
Same. The eclectic nature of the sounds is what attracted me to the band's music in the first place.
These, anyone who has listened to The Matches should've expected that already. Haven't heard much of Jake's work though.

PS decomposer is still my favorite album of all time
12:30 PM on 10/06/11
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
These, anyone who has listened to The Matches should've expected that already. Haven't heard much of Jake's work though.

PS decomposer is still my favorite album of all time
Decomposer is unreal!
01:05 PM on 10/06/11
Rob Hrx
hates a girl with pity in her eyes
User Info.
I still need to buy the EP and LP... to be honest, even if I'm not crazy about it at first, I tend to give 100x more listening effort to anything Shawn Harris touches. With every single Matches album, they took a good few months to sink in, and then they slowly made their way into my all-time best of list.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS