1. How did you get your band name?
We were going to call the band Super Hit after the incense. Obviously there’s some legal issues with that. We decided it need to be Super “Something.” After a few minutes Super Prime came up. We laughed at it at first, but it ended up sticking. People think it’s cool!
2. How did this band get started?
Austin: Adam and I met in an ensemble class in our first semester at Berklee. We both had a background in audio engineering and ended up recording a few acoustic songs for a friend, which lead to us sharing a few ideas about some songs for a pop punk band. We recorded some demos and Super Prime was born.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
A lot of stuff. We’d probably tell you we sound like Blink, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World and maybe a little New Found Glory, and The Wonder Years. Right now our “Van Soundtrack” consists mainly of Title Fight, Bon Iver, Fall Out Boy, and Such Gold. It always varies though, sometimes we listen to Drake and Ne-yo.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Blink 182 in the late 90’s, right after Enema of the State. Their live show was unmatched then and we probably would’ve gotten ourselves into a bunch of trouble together. It would’ve been fun…too much fun.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Not fast food.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We’re fresh! We’re sick of the electronica screamo bands and sterile four-on-the-floor dance rock bands that have been dominating the scene for so long. Pop Punk is back in a big way, and we’re here to lead the charge.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Greg Jennings. Or Ryan Grant.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our parents for being supportive of our careers, all our friends who sang along and started the pit at our first shows, and the fans who made it all possible.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that your band’s status in the industry is heavily dependent on Facebook and Twitter followers.
10. Memorable tour experience?
One time we went to Milwaukee to do some shows in the city for a few days in the middle of July. We stayed at a house a few of our friends lived in and they didn’t have air conditioning. It sucked. At the end of the week our friends planned a party for us to play. It was awesome until we went on and then the cops showed up 3 songs in. Luckily no one got into trouble and the cops told us we sounded kick ass!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AbsolutePunk has been a huge source for finding out about newer bands in the scene since before we were in high school. It’s legendary. Just to be a part of the AP.net legacy is an honor and we’re grateful for the groundbreaking work AbsolutePunk has done for music promotion on the internet.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
This one’s tough. We love them all and so do our fans. The biggest moments at the shows so far are usually “Discovering The Anti Rad,” “Brickski,” “FML” and “Don’t Ask.”
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The Maldives, a small island nation in the Indian Ocean. Look it up, it’s the definition of paradise.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The music we play! Fast, melodic pop punk.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Jedi Master-like control of The Force. Like Yoda’s kinda control. Why you ask? Well we ask you, why not?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We huddle up like a team before shows, talk about the circumstances of the show and how we’re going to handle it. Which is pretty much the same each time - put on the best show possible.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We’re all nerds, big time. We love RPG’s and first person shooters.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is still very much alive and still has the most power in terms of getting music to a large number of people. We think Super Prime has a radio friendly element to our sound and that we are capable of writing a song with heavy rotation capability.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Skateboard, play Xbox, watch football and baseball, and prepare various grilled meats.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Adam is a five star gourmet chef, Marcus is a prodigious Call of Duty player, and Austin makes pins out of bottle caps.
my homiesssss.....fuckin so stoked to play this show saturday! ANYONE IN THE BOSTON AREA: BIG SHOW SATURDAY AT THE MIDDLE EAST! SUPER PRIME AND THE AMERICAN SPIRIT DOUBLE EP RELEASE SHOW! FEATURING A GUY NAMED GUY AND ME VS GRAVITY AS WELL!! HIT UP THE FACEBOOK PAGE RIGHT AWAY http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188511344548902 CANT WAIT!!