AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Wolves At Bay - 09.30.11

Wolves At Bay - 09.30.11

Interviewed by
Wolves At Bay - 09.30.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Wolves At Bay

www.facebook.com/wolvesatbay
www.twitter.com/wolvesatbayband
www.animalstylerecords.com
Download our free 3 song EP The Night A Forest Grew at
www.animalstylerecords.bandcamp.com

1. How did you get your band name?
We actually got our band name from an As Tall As Lionís lyric on their record You Canít Take It With You off the title track which goes, ďI feel it's much too late canít keep the wolves at bay."

2. How did this band get started?
We got started actually about a year and a half ago under the name Dear You which we had to change due to another band being called that. I (Will) had been friends and playing with Chris our drummer for a while and asked our two good friends if they would be cool with jamming sometime and seeing how it goes. We all clicked really well and have a blast just hanging out.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Mineral, Jimmy Eat World. The Casket Lottery, Name Taken, The Anniversary, Braid, Jawbreaker, The Get Up Kids, Samiam, Piebald, Call it Arson, and the list goes on and on.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The band past or present that I personally would love to tour with would have to be Jawbreaker. They were very much ahead of their time as far as their music and even I would say lyrically . It would be awesome seeing them play in 1995 in a legion hall and how people reacted to them back then.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
I would have to say I absolutely love Snyder honey mustard and onion pretzel snacks. I will/ have gone to three different gas stations to find them ha.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band because we play and write music that means the absolute world to us. I feel like sometimes a lot of bands are more fabricated with the style or direction they go in musically, worrying about being accepted in one given scene. Granted, everyone is guilty of worrying to some extent, but I just love to play what I play and if there is at least one person in the next 5 years that understands or if what I write helps them through something then thatís all that matters to me.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I would want to switch places with Stone Cold Steve Austin Circa 1998. That would be the most fun ever.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank Nick Bellmore for putting up with recording me since I was 14 and had a huge afro and almost broke his headphones every time.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
If I could change something about the music industry it would be bringing back the pushing of physical copies of albums and lowering the prices on them. I used to be so excited on Tuesdays when a new record I wanted came out and unwrapping it and listening to it for the first time. Pressing download on mediafire is getting old. It is really cool how more records are being pressed, but I wish bigger labels re-pressed older records and really pushed it.

10. Memorable tour experience?
One tour experience that I remember being really cool was getting stuck in traffic for three hours with Late Nite Wars going to Philly and being all bummed we got there so late. But the people were so kind about it and gave us insane amounts of food .

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I have honestly been going to Absolute Punk since I was 14 . I remember I downloaded Name Taken - "A Year Spent Cold" demo. You guys used to have like every week 3 or 4 songs on the side you could download. I heard about so many bands from that that I am still into today.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play is "Fought This Through." Lyrically the song is one of the more I guess you could say unmasked personal songs I have written. Every time I sing the end it's like Iím there in the situation I wrote it about and it really just means the world to me.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I have honestly no clue. I never really get to go on vacation ha.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
New Found Glory, Brand New, and Thursday will always remind me of my childhood.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would want to be Melt Man! With the power toÖMELT! Because Action League Now was awesome.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I personally drink 5 or 6 bottles of water through out the day because I get too worried about losing my voice.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a vegetarian and have the best little cat ever! And I lip sync our whole set.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
If I was 14 again I would probably listen to the radio like I did when I used to do my homework. I highly doubt we would flourish at all if we were on the radio.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I collect records and go see my friend's bands play. I also like cooking for my friends.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I work at Subway and make the best sub you will ever eat in your life!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests