AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Everyone Dies In Utah - 10.06.11

Everyone Dies In Utah - 10.06.11

Interviewed by
Everyone Dies In Utah - 10.06.11Everyone Dies In Utah is one of the newest bands to hit the metalcore scene. They are heading out on the Thrust Management tour and are looking to create a positive impact in the heavily saturated scene. Thanks to Justin Y and Ammon over at Thrust Management for making this interview possible.

1. Introduce yourself and your role in the band.
Hey there, I'm Justin Y and I play sing as well as play bass.

2. Listening to I Hope You Realize This Means to Seeing Clearly, there is a huge progression in sound. Where do you attribute the progression?
In all honesty, we kinda woke up. Personal experiences fueled more passionate lyrics as well as a serious desire to simply progress as a group and continue to the next level.

3. The metalcore is constantly changing and evolving but at the same time, it seems like there is a glass ceiling and too many bands doing the same thing. How are you guys trying to distinguish yourself?
Ug, you are so right about that. It's honestly really frustrating because when we started writing SC the things we were doing were fairly new. But by the time it was recorded and finally released a lot of other artists were doing similar things and we felt like we were sort of getting caught up in all the droll of our scene. But, we have been working hard on writing for our new record which we are set to record in a few months. We are all huge fans of cinematic scores as well as jazz and big band which we hope to incorporate in the upcoming release. We are working hard so we hope it shows!

4. You're about to headline the Thrust Management Tour. How are you feeling going out on it?
Super stoked! We absolutely love our Management. Ammon, our personal manager, is one of the greatest additions we've made to the EDIU team this year. So to have an opportunity where we can support and represent him and his company is a really big honor. We've always enjoyed working with Thrust and working hard together to grow. That is exactly what this tour is all about. We are super proud to a part of the family and the tour.

5. Your lyrics seem deeply personal, which do you attach to most?
"Simply Me" hands down. That song is my heart. At the time it was written, I had been hurt by a lot of people who were close to me. They were telling me that I had changed and become someone I wasn't. I swore to myself I hadn't changed but sometimes I felt like I was just going crazy. Until I finally just got myself together and wrote that jam. The chorus is "My time has come to rise above your painful words and fall in love again with who I am. I'm simply me." And it just finally helped me understand that whether they thought I was changing or not, I loved who I was. I love who I am. No matter what people say about you or your actions, at the end of the day all you have is yourself and what you believe in. I believe in myself and will always love who I am. So, I guess that's the message to everyone else. No one else matters. Be yourself, love yourself, know you're always good enough. End of story.

6. Which inside joke for your song names is your favorite?
"Adrian Makes It Rain" for sure. Our good buddy Adrian from our hometown was making some serious bank a while back at his job and decided to take everyone to the strip club. Needless to say, he made it rain.

7. What new bands have you been listening to?
As far as new stuff goes, not all that much. The new Greeley Estates record kills. They are great buddies and amazing musicians. The stuff coming out now-a-days can never compete with the things they have written, and the things they will continue to write. But we do love a lot of older stuff like Armor For Sleep's first full-length, Taking Back Sunday's old records, The Postal Service, and always Frank Sinatra.

8. Anything else to say?
Usually we would write something silly like, "dont put twinkies on your pizza!!" but I honestly just want to thank everyone who's been with us this past year. Through the full-length release, touring, and sharing us with friends. You. Are. Our. Life. Thank you so so so much ! We really do love you.

Oh... and... Dont put twinkies on your pizza!!!

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
04:26 PM on 10/13/11
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Seeing Clearly is an amazing record. Every time I listen to it I am impressed. So well done.
10:12 PM on 10/17/11
killbrand.com
Ezekiel 36: 26-28
User Info.
They put on a good live show. Surprisingly.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos