Password

Album Review

Switchfoot - Vice Verses Album Cover

Switchfoot - Vice Verses

Reviewed by
Switchfoot - Vice Verses
Record Label: Atlantic Records
Release Date: September 17, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from bmt !!!. You can see all of bmt !!!'s submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
07:17 AM on 10/15/11
DarkBlue13
User Info.
Wow this was a wonderful review. Loved the album as well, probably Switchfoot's best.
07:24 AM on 10/15/11
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Good review. Very excited to listen to this.

(Side critique: nothing big, but the bold band names did distract a little.)
08:41 AM on 10/15/11
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Good review, but I absolutely disagree with you about "Blinding Light". That is one of the worst songs Switchfoot has ever written.
There is something about this record I can't put my finger on... I like most of the songs but it just hasn't had the same impact on me the way other Switchfoot albums have.
09:31 AM on 10/16/11
bmt !!!
www.nchv.org
User Info.
Good review. Very excited to listen to this.

(Side critique: nothing big, but the bold band names did distract a little.)
Thanks for reading and the critique. I was going back and forth on that and I appreciate the perspective.
09:35 AM on 10/16/11
bmt !!!
www.nchv.org
User Info.
Good review, but I absolutely disagree with you about "Blinding Light". That is one of the worst songs Switchfoot has ever written.
There is something about this record I can't put my finger on... I like most of the songs but it just hasn't had the same impact on me the way other Switchfoot albums have.
Music is inevitably personal. With the current discourse and economic realities, this song resonating with me. I remember taking a full year and a family tragedy before I latched onto The Dangerous Summer's Reach for the Sun. Sometimes it is enough to just know it exists and then the time comes to connect. Thanks for reading and sharing!
10:34 AM on 10/16/11
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Thanks for reading and the critique. I was going back and forth on that and I appreciate the perspective.
It would have worked alright with fewer bands referenced, but you made some good comparisons, so overall I'd rather be a little distracted than lack the comparisons you offered.
07:56 PM on 10/16/11
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Music is inevitably personal. With the current discourse and economic realities, this song resonating with me. I remember taking a full year and a family tragedy before I latched onto The Dangerous Summer's Reach for the Sun. Sometimes it is enough to just know it exists and then the time comes to connect. Thanks for reading and sharing!
Yeah it's funny because while I like Reach for the Sun I haven't had the personal connection with it like others did. With War Paint the connection was immediate and every single track has something to say to me personally. It's probably my AOTY.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos