Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 50.
12:54 PM on 10/11/11
xrocketgirlx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Looks like IATA just launched their new webstore too today and it has copies of rare white/blue AVALANCHE UNITED vinyl up on it too: www.avalancheunited.com
12:55 PM on 10/11/11
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
User Info.
Wasn't too impressed by this album.
02:12 PM on 10/11/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
might check this out
02:38 PM on 10/11/11
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I love this album, it's been on repeat for me. I just hope it has the lasting value that the first album did. I feel like a few of the songs on this record could get stale a little quick, mainly the ones around the middle of the record.
05:28 PM on 10/11/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Vinnie is one of the most real dudes I've ever met in music. He's been coming to Syracuse time and time again with the movieife and tons with IATA. people need to support good music from good people.
06:15 PM on 10/11/11
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
This album blew me away. In my top 3 this year ferser.
08:29 PM on 10/11/11
MALKiiN
User Info.
digging this. think ill buy it when i get paid
08:34 PM on 10/11/11
MilanM
I know in my heart who I need to be
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Finally checked this out today...I dig Brooklyn Dodgers a lot. Great album, definitely recommend. The review definitely does this album justice, great job Drew.
06:17 AM on 10/13/11
bones jones
'rrhea
User Info.
can't get enough of "this one's on me"
09:00 AM on 10/15/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
This is coming from someone who bought the vinyl and the album on itunes..

I thought the album suffered in some areas. First off, Production could have been better. Songs like "I'll be back around", "Is this really happening?", and "you've got spiders" should have sounded bigger IMO. The vocals get too raw too at times. Vinnie does a throaty (is that a word?) approach to some of his vocals (notably in "Amsterdam") which doesn't sound the best to me. The last problem I had with the album- the demos do sound better to me. Maybe it's because I have listened to the demos for years now so I'm used to the song in that shape.

With that said, the record is still very good. Does it sound better than their debut? Yes. I sounds more cohesive and musically tighter. At the end of the day, I'm just glad IATA got to release their record. I can tell this is already putting them back in the spotlight in the "scene". I wish the best for these guys, I'm just a little let down by the record in some aspects.
09:59 AM on 10/15/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So good.
02:28 PM on 10/15/11
fobmcrafi6
down with the fad
User Info.
Dunno about you guys, but "Dead Friends" makes me want to break some teeth.
xcited to hear this!
and definitely xcited to pick up this album, loved their self-titled <3
06:49 AM on 10/16/11
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've had this for a week or two now and I can't stop listening. It's by no means a flawless record, but "Dead Friends", "Gravedigger's Argument", and "Holy Fuck" are some of my favorite Vinny songs ever...
12:47 PM on 10/16/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Possibly the catchiest album i've listened this year.
10:55 PM on 10/16/11
TheBaroness
User Info.
This is coming from someone who bought the vinyl and the album on itunes..

I thought the album suffered in some areas. First off, Production could have been better. Songs like "I'll be back around", "Is this really happening?", and "you've got spiders" should have sounded bigger IMO. The vocals get too raw too at times. Vinnie does a throaty (is that a word?) approach to some of his vocals (notably in "Amsterdam") which doesn't sound the best to me. The last problem I had with the album- the demos do sound better to me. Maybe it's because I have listened to the demos for years now so I'm used to the song in that shape.

With that said, the record is still very good. Does it sound better than their debut? Yes. I sounds more cohesive and musically tighter. At the end of the day, I'm just glad IATA got to release their record. I can tell this is already putting them back in the spotlight in the "scene". I wish the best for these guys, I'm just a little let down by the record in some aspects.
I agree regarding the production. I think the guitars could have sounded a bit bigger - I think it's just because the vocals are mixed so far up front. Also, there's a weird buzzing in the left channel that makes me think I've blown a speaker (though it seems present on every set of headphones/speakers I've listened to it through).

That said, I'm just stoked to have another album from these guys, and there's some fantastic songs on this. I look forward to blasting it all summer long.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums