Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
08:17 PM on 10/13/11
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
Everyone keeps saying that Rise is finally turning around, but that's not right at all. Rise understands appealing to the audience. "Crabcore" became extremely popular and so they signed a shit ton of bands and capitalized on it. Now, pop-punk is surging, and so they are making the transition to what people are into. Rise literally rises with the music trends. Rise may be the smartest label out there.
I would agree with this is Rise didn't start out as a label that signed these kinds of bands.

This was one of the first Rise releases. I think its a combination of the point you made, and them wanting and having the ability to go back to their roots.
10:56 PM on 10/13/11
betweenvega
User Info.
im in the minority..i freakin hate rise. i dont like em involved in any punk or pop punk. stay crab. RFC > Rise. did transit and man overboard even make the billboard? if not thats kinda funny since no sleep's band did
08:25 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Why does everyone say that rise is affiliated with Victory? They're affiliated with Velocity, not Victory.
Rise has Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, Dance Gavin Dance, (had) The Devil Wears Prada, From First to Last, Woe, Is Me, etc etc keeping them afloat. They won't run out of money.
10:45 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Isn't Rise owned by Victory?

Also, it will be funny to see when all these people hate Rise once again when pop punk isn't hot. Rise likes what is popular, they aren't coming to their true colors with pop punk...it's all a matter of what is popular. It's a good business strategy but let's see how long it lasts til they are on to something new.
No, Rise is not owned by Victory.

And your second thought is bullshit... Rise Records got STARTED in this kind of music. I already posted about this earlier in the thread, but clue yourself into Rises' first releases.
The way I see it, it's not as simple as "pop-punk is getting big again so the labels are signing pop-punk bands." That's such a load. How about pop-punk is getting big again because the labels are signing GOOD bands that put out GOOD releases? That creates the market for it, not all of a sudden everyone got sick of crab core and went back to pop-punk.
10:59 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Crabcore was actually just a "genre" (if you could call it that) of one: Attack Attack! Of Mice & Men tends to get grouped in there because of Austin Carlile, but when crabcore came around, Austin was already starting Of Mice.

Just food for thought.
Yeah I know this but the semantics don't change the point.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos