Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
11:35 AM on 10/14/11
inthemix
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If your point is that Attack Attack was the band that launched a thousand ripoffs, then yes, I understand it entirely.

Rise, however, is a label that takes in a majority of its income from those ripoffs. People aren't "switching back to pop-punk," otherwise, the world would never have heard of That's Outrageous!, Abandon All Ships, or Woe, Is Me, all of which released debuts sometime within the last 18 months.

Now, look at the year in pop-punk. New Found Glory, blink-182, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, and multiple others I have neither the time nor the patience to list have all released albums, the majority of which (can't really call the ATL album great) have been successes. Rise isn't going back to its roots, it's stocking up.

It's a scene label. It always has been, it always will be. Whatever's popular, Rise will market it. It's why "crabcore" succeeded, and it's why they're going for all these pop-punk bands now.
when things begin to become popular again with kids, it also generates more kids starting those types of bands. When that happens, there are more bands that are good in a genre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos