Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts.
11:40 AM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Craig Ericson must be the busiest dude in the music industry. It's not like it just takes a phone call to sign a band.
11:53 AM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Sapone producing their album is gonna be killer
I literally cannot wait to see what this sounds like.
11:54 AM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
hahaha rise records goes run for cover. Less shit more true music. Next guests, tigers jaw and basement lol
Tigers Jaw has been a rumor that I've been hearing since before MOB and Transit were signed. I thought TJ was going to be the first WTF signing.
11:55 AM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
wow, rise is becoming a pop punk powerhouse. they have alot of bands now, 28 listed on the website.
Might as well be 50. Might as well build an in-house studio and hire in-house producers. I bet they get to 30 before 2012.
12:09 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Pretty sure the two sides have never even spoken.
you would obviously know better than I would, so I guess they were wrong!
12:09 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Wow. Rise rules now! Kinda shitty that theyre taking all of RFC bands but I guess they have to get off that label eventually. But seriously such good bands on here now...

The best bands up for grabs on RFC now are Tigers Jaw, Hostage Calm and Basement

I definitely see TJ and HC leaving soon. Surprised Daytrader got signed before they did...
Do they have to get off the label? Why is that?
12:10 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
kinda pissed they're stealing all of RFC's bands, but it gives RFC an opportunity to sign more awesome bands i dont know about yet so....
Considering how every single band they sign is talented as all hell, it makes me excited that Jeff might be out looking for new ones. Wish I had an ear like that.
12:25 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
"Well I'm glad your doing theyre releases" my grammar-loving heart just collapsed.
12:42 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
My bad. Didn't realize you were one of those guys. I'll proof read every post in all the threads your in from now on, so your heart doesn't collapse.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
01:03 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Thomas, you missed the missuse of "your" in his post. It should've been "you're"
Did not miss it haha.
01:00 PM on 10/14/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
If your point is that Attack Attack was the band that launched a thousand ripoffs, then yes, I understand it entirely.

Rise, however, is a label that takes in a majority of its income from those ripoffs. People aren't "switching back to pop-punk," otherwise, the world would never have heard of That's Outrageous!, Abandon All Ships, or Woe, Is Me, all of which released debuts sometime within the last 18 months.

Now, look at the year in pop-punk. New Found Glory, blink-182, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, and multiple others I have neither the time nor the patience to list have all released albums, the majority of which (can't really call the ATL album great) have been successes. Rise isn't going back to its roots, it's stocking up.

It's a scene label. It always has been, it always will be. Whatever's popular, Rise will market it. It's why "crabcore" succeeded, and it's why they're going for all these pop-punk bands now.
I don't really think you get it. Dude who owns raise has made a lot of money putting out scenie records. He loves punk music so now he's putting out punk records. It's the circle of life. All labels have bands that make money and they have bands that get records put out because they love them and they don't make as much money. Rise is not exactly signing black holes - Man Overboard, Transit, AL4W, blah blah - these bands will sell albums. But it's just the circle of life when you talk about cash flow and revenue, and they have the resources to help these bands do bigger things. Just look at Transit's website and their campaign for this album compared to the last album. It's obvious that Rise has got the resources to make things happen. They just handled three releases in a three-week span like nothing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS