Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 89.
12:11 PM on 10/13/11
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
just interviewed them the other day. Awesome.
12:16 PM on 10/13/11
hiya
User Info.
Did not see this coming at all. But I have so much love for this band, stoked they're recording with Sapone. Congrats!
3ver So Sweet
User Info.
Considering how every single band they sign is talented as all hell, it makes me excited that Jeff might be out looking for new ones. Wish I had an ear like that.
yep, that's exactly what i mean. haha RFC needs to sign Mixtapes already too.
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
Wow. Rise rules now! Kinda shitty that theyre taking all of RFC bands but I guess they have to get off that label eventually. But seriously such good bands on here now...

The best bands up for grabs on RFC now are Tigers Jaw, Hostage Calm and Basement

I definitely see TJ and HC leaving soon. Surprised Daytrader got signed before they did...
Those bands aren't up for grabs because we're doing all of their next releases, and even further past that with Tigers Jaw. Yeah, This Is Hell, Daytrader, Man Overboard and Transit all worked with Run For Cover, but none of those bands 'were stolen'. It was 95% amicable in all situations and half the time never even affected RFC or affected us positively.
12:19 PM on 10/13/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Thissss is great news, fucking love Daytrader.
12:20 PM on 10/13/11
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
rise records kicking ass
12:21 PM on 10/13/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Fucking awesome.
12:24 PM on 10/13/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Do they have to get off the label? Why is that?

I ddin't mean it like that, I just meant no band stays on a small label like RFC forever. Eventually they blossom onto bigger labels and move on. RFC/No Sleep are my favorite label and I wish all the bands would stay on them but yeah

Those bands aren't up for grabs because we're doing all of their next releases, and even further past that with Tigers Jaw. Yeah, This Is Hell, Daytrader, Man Overboard and Transit all worked with Run For Cover, but none of those bands 'were stolen'. It was 95% amicable in all situations and half the time never even affected RFC or affected us positively.

Well I'm glad your doing theyre releases I trust your guys judgment with everything you do because I can't recall a release you put out that I havent liked. And all the artists you've been signing lately rule and I can't wait for their new records as well (Seahaven and Young Statues specifically)

Stolen was also the wrong word. It's just I remember looking at the RFC roster and seeing basically all my favorite bands. I love all the current ones but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

I also thought Transit and Man Overboard were huge to RFC? They seemed to give the label a huge push forward
12:25 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
"Well I'm glad your doing theyre releases" my grammar-loving heart just collapsed.
12:27 PM on 10/13/11
3ver So Sweet
User Info.
grammar police, ut oh
12:33 PM on 10/13/11
tym
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks for all the kind words guys. working with jeff has been great, he has been WAY ahead of the curve for a few years now and is still proving it with bands like seahaven and young statues. Seahaven full length is one of the best of the year.

there's more info about the signing, new members, etc @ blogtrader.tumblr.com
12:42 PM on 10/13/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
"Well I'm glad your doing theyre releases" my grammar-loving heart just collapsed.
My bad. Didn't realize you were one of those guys. I'll proof read every post in all the threads your in from now on, so your heart doesn't collapse.
12:42 PM on 10/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
My bad. Didn't realize you were one of those guys. I'll proof read every post in all the threads your in from now on, so your heart doesn't collapse.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
12:47 PM on 10/13/11
drzafs
spinning free
User Info.
So stoked on this. I love their EP.
12:50 PM on 10/13/11
more heart
Midtown Saves
User Info.
Might as well be 50. Might as well build an in-house studio and hire in-house producers. I bet they get to 30 before 2012.
They basically already have that with Kris Crummett, Cameron Mizell, and Joey Sturgis.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests