Password

Album Review

La Dispute - Wildlife Album Cover

La Dispute - Wildlife

Reviewed by
La Dispute - Wildlife
Record Label: No Sleep Records
Release Date: October 4, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from njdevils327. You can see all of njdevils327's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
08:48 PM on 10/27/11
skrillzzz1109
User Info.
Wow I completely disagree about "St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church Blues". I think the use of a metaphor between the old church and his life (or whatever fictional character that may be portrayed here) is absolutely amazing. Especiailly how he kind of ties it all together quickly at the end.

But good review here. This is one of those albums that will open up a whole new music world to me. I can't stop listening to it and am just blown away by the power of these lyrics.
12:08 PM on 10/28/11
glogglies
User Info.
Great album. Not as good as their previous, but I dig anything from this band. Superb lyrics, powerful and raw emotion, and great instrumental backing.
03:22 PM on 10/28/11
Douglas Gillum
User Info.
I love La Dispute and their first two release were amazing. But, I don't like the vocals on this album at all. They seem obnoxiously quiet and lack the intensity they had in the earlier stuff. There are exceptions for certain parts of certain songs. Either, there are maybe two songs I will keep listening to for a while.
07:15 PM on 10/30/11
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
I love La Dispute and their first two release were amazing. But, I don't like the vocals on this album at all. They seem obnoxiously quiet and lack the intensity they had in the earlier stuff. There are exceptions for certain parts of certain songs. Either, there are maybe two songs I will keep listening to for a while.
There was an article posted a while back (maybe via their Twitter?) that talked about how they recorded the album using only natural reverb...which explains the huge dynamic gap in the vocals going from quiet to loud. Really interesting read if you're into the technical side of things, and explains exactly what you talked about.
08:33 PM on 10/30/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
This dude gets it. Great review.
09:19 PM on 10/30/11
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
My thoughts exactly.
09:55 PM on 10/30/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This album is absolutely incredible. So discomforting in such an intense manner
11:17 PM on 10/30/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
You know an album is deserving of a 96% when it still makes your hairs stand on end on the 15th listen.
11:20 PM on 10/30/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
You know an album is deserving of a 96% when it still makes your hairs stand on end on the 15th listen.

True that. Like I said in the review, every time that guitar shriek in "I See Everything" comes in after "January 19", my entire body shakes. So powerful.

Thanks to everyone so far for the kind words. It means a lot.
03:13 AM on 10/31/11
deady
Nuf'Ced
User Info.
Got this for free with a German music magazine last week and have to say it is good. I don't realy get the hype though, as I don't think his lyrics are that special. They are good, ho doubt about that, but thats it...
04:13 AM on 10/31/11
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
how you could possibly like their older work and not like the vocals on this album is beyond me. if anything they're better on this album. but in all reality they're very much the same.
07:57 AM on 10/31/11
Tilde
Rudiger.
User Info.
I found Edit Your Hometown one of the most captivating songs on the album
08:12 AM on 10/31/11
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
solid release, i think in time i will like this one so much more than "Somewhere at the Bottom.."
08:34 AM on 10/31/11
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
User Info.
Great album, great review. You know exactly how to describe this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos