Brent James and The ContraBand - 10.05.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Brent James and The ContraBand
(Questions answered by Brent James)
1. How did you get your band name?
From our extracurricular activities on the road.
2. How did this band get started?
I signed a deal with SkiddCo Records and basically called my dream team of players and we assembled.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Everything from Tom Waits to the Chili Peppers to Joe Cocker. We listen to it all. Unless it sucks.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Led Zeppelin. So they could show us how it's done.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A honey badger. They are fearless and the video on YouTube is hilarious.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we lay it out there every night. We don't hold shit back onstage. And most importantly we LOVE to hang with our fans.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably our Single "Moment Of Silence". I've never played the game so I'm not sure. I'll guess a 4?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our entire team. God and my parents and family. I know it wouldn't have been possible without them.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
10. Memorable tour experience?
Having Ted Nugent show me his arsenal.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A lot b/c you guys cover it all. Love it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now it's our single "Moment Of Silence"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Lake City, Michigan
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
C&C music factory. And Guns n Roses sweet child of mine.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Levitation. I often wonder what shit looks like from above.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I haven't made it until we sell out our entire tour. Then I can sleep at night.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm obsessed with all things vintage. I wish everything could tell its story...mystery is good too though.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hunt vintage and watch Antique Roadshow
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can spin a basketball on every finger
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |