The Hoosier State
Male - 23 Years Old
i'd like to see michigan lose
11:34 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
I agree with all these picks. Except for Illinois. But you have been pretty good on your picks.

Honestly I have no justification in picking illinois other than "hunch".they have been so bad fot the past six weeks. plus, I think michigan is a threat this year too
11:37 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
That's the way she goes, boys.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Honestly I have no justification in picking illinois other than "hunch".they have been so bad fot the past six weeks. plus, I think michigan is a threat this year too
Michigan is playing to good right now to lose to Illinois. I mean anything can happen but Illinois has just been putrid. I think the only motivation they have is to try to save Bruce Weber's job.
11:55 AM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Seton Hall
19-10 (8-9)
RPI: 48
SOS: 41

Quality wins: UConn, Georgetown, West Virginia, VCU, St. Joe's
Bad losses: at Villanova, Rutgers

South Florida
19-11 (12-5)
RPI: 35
SOS: 19

Quality wins: at Louisville, Seton Hall
Bad losses: at Villanova, at Auburn, Penn State, Old Dominion

With a win over DePaul on Saturday, I think Seton Hall is pretty much in. South Florida has a better RPI and SOS, but they have some really awful losses. Seton Hall's only bad losses are a road Big East game and a home loss to Rutgers (who despite their record has defeated two top ten teams this year). I think they both get in at this point.
12:16 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
South Florida is ahead of seton hall, there's no way around it. My brother is positive and naive like you too when it come's to seton hall and where they stand. You like to pretend that wins against WVU and St. Joe's count as 'quality wins" and I think that's silly. West Virginia can't possibly count as a good win...wvu can very well finish the sesaon with 14 losses. It doesn't matter where the rpi is...at the end of the day WVU has lost 14 ball games...i dont cant see how that team can be counted as a "quality win". I understand that they played a tough schedule which is why they have so many losses, but still, they are going to be an under .500 big east team with 14 losses. It's not a meaningless loss, but its certainly not up there with "quality". Same goes for St. Joseph's.

Yes...South florida losing ot penn state, odu and auburn is a lot worse than just rutgers.... but hahaha how do you not include "cincinnati" in quality wins, but include st joe's and wvu for seton hall? Take out the RPI, cincinnati has beaten a handfull of great teams and are right now cruising into the tournament.

A win over depaul can't possibly be enough. Since January 10th they've beaten Georgetown at home...and that's it. In that stretch they have managed to also lose to rutgers and nova. If they lose their first game in the tournament to WVU or UCONN, they have NO shot at going.
12:25 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
by the way, i'm not entirely into south florida being in either. @Louisville was no doubt a HUGE HUGE HUGE win...and if they finish the season by completely knocking out WVU, i think they're in. As long as they dont face a team like depaul in the tourney and lose.

i dont know/think it looks good for seton hall. Hell..i have absolutely no problem being wrong on this. If the committee wants to say "looook at all those top 75 rpi wins, wowww"..sounds good to me.
12:25 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
South Florida beat Nova handily twice

ugh, sucks seeing them under the "bad losses" category
12:32 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Yes, I am naive. Along with every bracketologist in existence lol I am as realistic as possible with this team. They are going to be in if they beat DePaul. It's very simple. South Florida's conference record is great, but they've lost to a ton of absolutely awful teams and that definitely counts.
12:34 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
South Florida is ahead of seton hall, there's no way around it. My brother is positive and naive like you too when it come's to seton hall and where they stand. You like to pretend that wins against WVU and St. Joe's count as 'quality wins" and I think that's silly. West Virginia can't possibly count as a good win...wvu can very well finish the sesaon with 14 losses. It doesn't matter where the rpi is...at the end of the day WVU has lost 14 ball games...i dont cant see how that team can be counted as a "quality win". I understand that they played a tough schedule which is why they have so many losses, but still, they are going to be an under .500 big east team with 14 losses. It's not a meaningless loss, but its certainly not up there with "quality". Same goes for St. Joseph's.

Yes...South florida losing ot penn state, odu and auburn is a lot worse than just rutgers.... but hahaha how do you not include "cincinnati" in quality wins, but include st joe's and wvu for seton hall? Take out the RPI, cincinnati has beaten a handfull of great teams and are right now cruising into the tournament.

A win over depaul can't possibly be enough. Since January 10th they've beaten Georgetown at home...and that's it. In that stretch they have managed to also lose to rutgers and nova. If they lose their first game in the tournament to WVU or UCONN, they have NO shot at going.
Historically, that is incorrect...whether you like it or not (and I hate the impact RPI has on the committee sometimes). I'm as cynical as anyone, but a win over DePaul will get them in. St. Joe's and VCU are still quality wins, just like Cincinnati, Louisville, and Seton Hall are for South Florida. They're both going to be in. The bubble is awful. You know how the committee works by now.
12:37 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
When there is a weak bubble, a team like Seton Hall stands out. They haven't lost too many awful games and they've won a lot of decent games (two really good ones, a lot of okay ones). That is definitely enough to push them over the hump on a weak bubble. I would have them in a 12 seed play-in game if I'm a bracketologist right now...and yet Palm still has them as a 9 seed! That's ludicrous, but it proves where these heads are at. Team with two bad losses and a bunch of good wins > team with two good wins and a bunch of awful losses.
02:34 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah but sometimes you hear the committee talk about how a team finished a season...and since the losing streak ended seton hall beat gtown and lost to fellow bubble team cincy and rutgers, and for argument sakes, they didnt win a game in their conference tournament.

Im nervous that the shitty second half, minus one win, will be looked down upon.

Now right, its 68 teams now, not 65, so yes theres clearly more room...and are they better than nc state, miss st, oregon, xavier, wvu? Yes. But I dont know by how much. What would help hall is if uconn loses to pitt, and/or loses their opening game...bc if hall is the 8th best team, theyll make it...i cant believe 9 teams will come outof the big east this year, and they shouldnt
02:44 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
I'm interested to see what happens with Harvard if they end up not winning the Ivy
02:57 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm interested to see what happens with Harvard if they end up not winning the Ivy

Heres the problem. The rest of their schedule isnt yale, probably the only other high quality team, so if they lose again it wont be to a good team. Im not sure honestly.
03:08 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
There should be a lot of bubble teams from the Big East, no other conference has the amount of quality teams as we do with the exception of maybe the big ten. I see Seton Hall, South Florida, Connecticut, and Cincy all in
03:56 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I really thought Yale would win the Ivy this year, but I'm hoping Harvard does because they're clearly the best team in the Ivy overall.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos