Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Dead To Me Album Stream

Posted by: Deborah Remus (10/20/11)
Dead To Me's Moscow Penny Ante is streaming over here. The record will be released through Fat Wreck Chords on Tuesday.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:33 PM on 10/20/11
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
much nicer than african elephants.

this needs more comments!
10:57 PM on 10/20/11
Zorlak
Crusher Destroyer
User Info.
I'm gonna see them twice next week at The Fest!
11:10 PM on 10/20/11
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
damn, fest is gonna be awesome this year but i just moved from florida to ohio :(
im interested to hear what the bands have to say about the #occupy movements.
especially dead to me, they have always been very outspoken. im jealous !
03:01 AM on 10/21/11
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
Like this so much better than the last record!
05:30 AM on 10/21/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
much nicer than african elephants.
Like this so much better than the last record!

I still don't get the hate for African Elephants. I'll admit, I miss One Man Army guy's voice and there were some weird stylistic choices but on the whole? I dug it. That being said? Still need to listen to this. Pretty anxious to see what they have up their collective sleeves.

damn, fest is gonna be awesome this year but i just moved from florida to ohio :(
im interested to hear what the bands have to say about the #occupy movements.
especially dead to me, they have always been very outspoken. im jealous !

Who else do you plan on seeing? I'm happy Dead to Me/None More Black are back-to-back.
11:45 AM on 10/21/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Haven't listened yet but I'm sure its awesome. Saw them the other day and the new songs sounded great! I also really liked African Elephant..
12:50 PM on 10/21/11
alexpoopy
I wait in 4/4 time.
User Info.
I still don't get the hate for African Elephants. I'll admit, I miss One Man Army guy's voice and there were some weird stylistic choices but on the whole? I dug it. That being said? Still need to listen to this. Pretty anxious to see what they have up their collective sleeves.
My issue with African Elephants were basically that Chicken's songs kicked as and Nathan's songs kinda sucked, and there wasn't any cohesiveness between the two singers.
01:41 PM on 10/21/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
My issue with African Elephants were basically that Chicken's songs kicked as and Nathan's songs kinda sucked, and there wasn't any cohesiveness between the two singers.

I definitely get what you're saying about the cohesiveness. It was like they wanted to be in different bands, but...I disagree that any songs on there "sucked." They were just...Different. Shrug.
05:40 PM on 10/21/11
alexpoopy
I wait in 4/4 time.
User Info.
I definitely get what you're saying about the cohesiveness. It was like they wanted to be in different bands, but...I disagree that any songs on there "sucked." They were just...Different. Shrug.
Well if you're expecting a certain something from a band, and half of the record doesn't have that certain something, it's just a bit of a letdown. But I get what you're saying.
07:20 PM on 10/21/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Well if you're expecting a certain something from a band, and half of the record doesn't have that certain something, it's just a bit of a letdown. But I get what you're saying.
Point accepted, haha. I just think a "letdown" and a "bad record" can be two different things. Was I let down? Definitely. Do I think it's an awful album? Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Of course, you feel differently and that's already been established...That being said? Definitely liking the new one more!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests