Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (10/22/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (10/22/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
01:51 PM on 10/22/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata for putting this together:

Games Round-UpHey, hey kids! Gabriel here with a ton more news for this weeks gaming round-up. Thank you so much for sticking with this, the fact that even only a few people read this make it all the more worth doing. C: <3 Here's to making up for last week in a big way!

RUMOR MILL

- Holy shit, remember those Xbox 720 Rumors? Well, now there's the 'Xbox Next.' We might even see it as early as 2013.

- Speaking of future gen consoles, Sony might have the Playstation 4 on the way. A design was leaked of a prototype that would be made up of 60% recycled material, as well as a whole bunch of eco-friendly features added to it later on. Fueling this is the report of Sony working on projects for the Playstation 4.

- Uh oh~ Electronic Arts has been accused of bribing a few Norwegian gaming websites to give good scores for Battlefield 3. However, said websites deny any claims of such underhanded tactics.

- New Pokemon game rumors are swirling as a partner of Nintendo recently register the url name pokemongray.com. The popular conclusion is tatit's a special edition of Pokemon Black and White.

THIS WEEK IN GAMING

- Another reason to get excited about Diablo III - anyone who buys a year's subscription to World of Warcraft will get Diablo III for free.

- Starcraft II's new expansion, 'Heart of the Swarm,' will have new single player missions as well as major shifts in units.

- Gears Of War 3 will have its first DLC, a prequel to the game's story, release around the holidays, and the character General RAAM will allegedly be playable.

- Batman: Arkham City was released to much acclaim, and many are finding those that bought DLC bundles with the game to have coding issues. Warner Interactive has made their rebuttal, and is working on a fix for this.

- Meanwhile, the PC port of the game will be released in America on November 18th.

- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will have its first expansion pack, Rising Storm, release in 2012. The expansion pack will cover the Pacific Theatre side of the war, with new weapons like the flame thrower being thrown into the mix.

- The PS Vita has an official America/European region release date. Both regions can expect the new handheld release [/url=http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/18/get-ready-ps-vita-is-coming-february-22nd/]on February 22nd
. There will be games released for the new console that require a seperate memory card to buy. Here's a list of games to let you know ahead of time how not to spend extra money.

- Notch has announced that Mojang will be able to keep the name 'Scrolls' their upcoming project. Bethesda can appeal the ruling, but do they really need to draw this out?

- La Noire: The Complete Edition has been confirmed console release as well as for the PC. Thank goodness.

- World of Warcraft recently got an announced fourth expansion pack, entitled 'Mists of Pandaria', which will include a new race and class, as well as a level cap of 90.

- Thanks to some lifeless ne- I mean, faithful PSN Trophy collecters, Sony has increased the Trophy Level cap from 50.

- Scary news from CCP, the company behind the MMO EVE- 20% of the company was laid off this week in order to help utilize their efforts solely towards EVE.

- Soul Calibur V has been announced, with both a surprise guest character being Ezio from Assassin's Creed and a January 31st, 2012 release date.

- In the recent trend started with God of War, Sly Cooper, and Splinter Cell, the Devil May Cry series will be rereleased in HD for February 2012.

- Mass Effect 3 will see a demo release in January 2012.

-The Nintendo press conference yesterday went into more detail of the 3DS' upcoming capabilities, including 3D filming for up to ten minutes, as will as Hulu services.

Source: Crave, develop, kotaku/twitter, CNet asia, pikimal, joystiq, kotaku, computerandvideogames, vg 24/7, the escapist, massively, IGN, eurogamer
01:52 PM on 10/22/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Oh there it is.
01:55 PM on 10/22/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Sorry. I got a phone call as I was in the middle of posting it.
02:03 PM on 10/22/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Sorry. I got a phone call as I was in the middle of posting it.
Ha! No problem. :)
02:06 PM on 10/22/11
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Arkham City is sex and I don't want to buy a new console.
02:09 PM on 10/22/11
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
Hopefully the Devil May Cry HD will exclude DMC2
02:35 PM on 10/22/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cannot wait for the PS Vita & also the PS4.
03:33 PM on 10/22/11
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.

I agree with both of your statements. Talking about gaming has member pus and excited. So many new releases is good news for the gamer in me but bad news for my wallet and social life.
03:35 PM on 10/22/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Lots of good/interesting news. Not sure how I feel about wow having a panda. Just doesn't seem to fit in with the universe
04:21 PM on 10/22/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Lots of good/interesting news. Not sure how I feel about wow having a panda. Just doesn't seem to fit in with the universe
Thanks! I'm thinking about making a section that solely compromises of DLC/expansion news some weeks.
04:47 PM on 10/22/11
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
I'm not really sure, but aren't the panderias, part of warcraft lore? I quit playing WoW, but I believe that to be true.
05:00 PM on 10/22/11
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
I'm quoting you for Bill form F&G. Thank you for repping the Bill.
05:45 PM on 10/22/11
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Looking at pictures of the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition is making me salivate
06:30 PM on 10/22/11
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I can't afford another generation of consoles until at least 2015. Sighhhhh
Options
Related News Stories